!!!!!!Oh S*** Think I Screwed Up Bad!!!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by The Headless Horseman, Aug 12, 2011.

1. jakers1121

jakers1121 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Thanks Dinomite, makes sense to me. I hope the school I went to didn't just pour false hopes on me (I'd like to think they didn't, one instructor was a older seasoned gentleman, that had nothing to gain from screwing over naive newbies). They just said, make sure you can pass a piss test and you will be ok. I havn't smoked in 2 years. To be honest, I'm not worried about it.

* I was in class with contracted CRST, PAM and Schneider applicants. They just needed to pass the piss test to continue there contract (which a few of them couldn't pass).

I think it maybe a new day in age in the whole hiring and applicant process, and someone needs to make it clear. I promise I will do that when I get the chance.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    Dinomite Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Man I don't understand you here. WHY do you think hair tests are a joke? There is nothing funny about an process in these tests. Well, unless you are unable to produce urine. But then, even that isn't funny. It is a FAILURE.

GoneButNotForgotten and RodeoMoon Thank this.
  4. RodeoMoon

RodeoMoon Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Skullleader copied and pasted a portion of a post I made. I personally confirmed each one with a phone call to them. More and more companies are going to a hair test. If you are concerned for any reason call and confirm with the company you are interested in. The hair test is not approved for DOT however a company will report the refusal to Hire Right which is a death knell as well.

5. RodeoMoon

RodeoMoon Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2012
    You are either deliberately misinforming or guessing incorrectly on this subject of hair testing. That is the nicest way I could put it....

[h=1]Getting Started[/h]To fill out this application, you will need to know the following:

• Current Commercial Drivers License number.
    • Social Security Number.
    • Employment history up to 10 years.
    • History of traffic accidents, violations, and/or convictions from the last 3 years (including DUI or reckless driving conviction and license suspension).
    • Criminal history.

Safety is one of Transport America's core values - to qualify for TA you must be willing to submit to two forms of drug testing:
    • DOT Urine Test
    • Company Hair Stat Test

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  6. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I also bet they will charge you for the hair testing if you don't stay 90 days to 6 months. Like they do with hotel and transportation cost.

7. Steven W

Steven W Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    First off everyone should know shaving the head or body won't help. If they can no take hair samples fromanywhere on your body it is considered a refusal.

Second follicle tests can not be reported o the DOT or other companies but may only be used for internal purposes.

8. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    And 3rd would be, this thread is 3 and a half years old..... zombie posting oooo
    :)

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  9. DC843

DC843 Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    if you are being truthful about it only being a few puffs youll be fine for a hair test. they have a cut off limit for the hair test its not going to see if you have a few puffs in you. weed's metabolites does not bind very well to hair strands, which is why the cut off is lower than real drugs.

urine test you could fail for a few weeks tops then youll be fine.

10. DC843

DC843 Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    no see the point in doing that is taking the hair with the dirt in it, getting rid of them, then the hair that grows back is clean and can pass the test. But yes, going in there hairless wouldn't be advisable.

edit: didn't realize this was so old, my bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.