Oil Field Drivers & Workers Needed Badly!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by cooley, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mad Frenchman

Mad Frenchman Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Texas
    If you are looking for maps of the different counties with the most information useful for navigating around ( ie those little roads that are not on regular maps) there is ONE source : http://bridgehunter.com/tx/irion/big-map [ you can go to adjacent counties in the "jump to " section. ] I have downloaded all the maps as PDF and have them in my phone. (quite useful when you are in a black zone and try to figure out where to go). Also Google earth have been updated recently and shows most of the leases as of last year (for the Irion/Reagan area that is.

BrianMst Thanks this.
  4. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Thanks..I'll check it out. I'm going to be up in the panhandle, maybe I'll get lucky.

5. Eninety2

Eninety2 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    If you have a smart phone with google maps you can save maps for offline use.

6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    So...could I create my own maps on google, pin well locations to the map and then save that? Now...if I could get all that integrated with a gps reciever.

I'm definitely going to miss OK when it comes to finding wells... that has been so freakin easy the last 6 months.

7. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    btw...you need to clean out your mailbox.

8. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    yes you can... I did that very thing, printed them out, bound them, and always had them with me...could only find the hikers GPS that I could add the maps too, and that did not work while driving.

9. BrianMst

BrianMst Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2014
    California, Mo
    Why don't the companies have gps on their trucks and all of the wells/tanks gps location stored? I'm not in the oil fields yet, but I hope to be with-in a couple of weeks. I do not have a smart phone and I would rather not have to buy one, but I do have a portable player that has nearly everything on it that a smart phone on it does, including Android and gps location locator, but it requires a wi-fi connection to connect to the Internet. I can certainly store maps on it. It doesn't connect to cell phone towers.

10. Eninety2

Eninety2 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Because that costs money.

11. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Why won't you buy a smart phone? It can only help you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.