OIL FIELDS Sand/Water, housing and other questions?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Mullet_Head87, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Thinking of hauling Sand and water in the oil fields. Not as O/O but company driver. Want to know if housing is shared or you have your own room, what a typical day is like and if 100k a year is actually possible. Also which area is best West Texas, North Oklahoma or the Bakken. Dust,Frostbite,Mud,Roads that crack yo Mama's back......give me insight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rn8806

Rn8806 Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Take the car and drive out and check it out yourself

4. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Lord you trying to get it all, I don't plame you, from what I can tell you is this, the money is there, room well that's a different story, it's a dog eat dog world out there, just remember this, it doesn't last long, and when there is no more oil you are out of a job if you don't want to Faller the train to the next oil field, so my friend is working out in West Texas, yes he drives for someone and yes he takes home 2500, to 3500, per week, know don't forget this most of the work out there are 1099, the big boys don't want you to Faller them to the bank as in retirement plans, that is why 85% is 1099, I hope this helps you good luck

5. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    So basically......
    Ha-ha-ha-holy-shit-GIF.gif

austinmike Thanks this.
  6. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    You can it would not be a bad idea, it's not the cleanest inverment, it's nasty way to make a living, but if you can get in take it for what it is worth, when it's done moving on,

7. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    I'm single, no family and want to sacrifice myself to buy my new Pete389 in cash. I figure running reefer is gonna take me years.....at a dock.

8. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    It sure will, if you have the right mind set you can do it, my friend leave old d, and is there making is money

9. OilBoomDreamer

OilBoomDreamer Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Housing is usually 2 to 1 for a reputable company. But I've heard horror stories of dudes cramped into a shipping container which is advertised as free company housing.

10. OilBoomDreamer

Oct 18, 2018
    If you drive anywhere. Go to Texas. Lots of jobs there. But, finding a company that pays for housing is very difficult unless you want to sleep in a shipping container.

11. OilBoomDreamer

Oct 18, 2018
    I think only a small percent make that much a week. Realistically, oilfield trucking jobs average between $850-$1500 a week. Unless you're hauling crude with plenty of loads per day, they average around $2000-$3500 a week. But, they work for the big oil corporations and those jobs are very difficult to get and are very selective.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.