oilfield laying off

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by orangepicker, Jan 1, 2015.

1. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    Anybody have any recent updates? TX, NM, OK, PA, or Ohio?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Most of my friends in PA have not gone back to work yet, still a lot of equipment parked or up for sale, although the rig count is up slightly in southwestern PA but it is not like it was and will most likely stay slow until our new governor Wolf is run out of office since he is so anti drilling and has vowed to keep raising taxes and environmental hurdles on the energy sector.

4. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Permian Basin is picking up steadily. The amount of rigs is up quite a bit in this area. Frac sand is still hit or miss. For a week, it's nothing but sand haulers running through here constantly. Then nothing for a few days. Water hauling is still way down. I don't think nm really ever did slow down...at least that's the way it looked.

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    South east ohio is going decently good compared to not so long ago, so is wv and western pa. Nothing like it was during the boom though. I'm in a different position than most people in the patch. I work for a small company about 15 drivers total. Were 3rd party drivers contracted to Schlumberger, Baker Hughes and US-Well Services. We move their equipment around with their trucks. We do a lot of permitted loads moving frac pumps and pretty much the whole cement side for schlumberger. Little bit of coil tubing work too. Their is talk about them picking up 7-9 more rigs in the near future. I know horseheads NY picked up another rig. With only 15 or so drivers were going balls to the wall moving equipment for about a dozen different yards. Looking hire about 10 more drivers.

We have our own 1 tons with goose neck's that we move wire line stuff with. The company's in the process of getting a sand contract to move those new container sand boxes, will have to get our own trucks for that though. I've been here around a month and its a pretty laid back company with above avg pay for the oilfield. I hope it comes back pretty good

I've only had 3-4 days off this past month

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I thought Baker Hughes was closing or had closed down Horseheads, I know the mud plant in Carbondale is shuttered right now. Most of my friends had been running the Linde railyard in Carbondale and Horseheads, doing mud and other work for BH, as well as water for Cabot and Chesapeake.

7. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Correction, I think it was Elmira that BH closed last year.

8. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Nope not baker the Schlumberger yard in horseheads. We have a contract with baker but we really don't do any work for them, mostly slumJ and us wells. Same with Weatherford were not doing any work with them atm but have a contract with em

brian991219 Thanks this.
  9. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Gonna be busy all this coming week with Slum moving frac equipment around them im headed home for a few days of R&R. Been away from home pretty much a month but it really helps when you have a good crew that your working with, not to mention staying in good hotels too. Gotta make the money while you can

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    Is SLB using the sand cubes too? Like Halco and Sandbox Logistics?

11. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    As of now they don't but plan on switching. US Well Services does though. Had a Long day today moving frac pumps, chem floats and blenders for SLB. 76 Miles one way but the way the permits had us routed took us 2.5 hrs one way on back roads that snaked all over the place. 18-19hrs from when we left the hotel until we got back. Can't really complain though did over 500 gross for the day, biggest day so far. Gotta be at the Strasburg OH yard at 10am to run cement tomorrow.

SLB takes way better care of their equipment than US-WS does that's for sure.

AC22 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.