Ok I'll ask what has E-Logs got to do with

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Okieron, Jun 12, 2011.

1. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    Well my blood pressure can't handle this debate, so I'm just going to address my idea of credibility and try to stay out of this thread. IMHO, it is not, and never has been, credible to support a position unless you think that not supporting it fits your ideas.

I may be wrong on my position, but where I stand will never change for anyone else's convenience or mine. IMHO, to be credible you must apply your rules and principals evenly and do so even when you might agree with an idea but not the principals behind it.

My example, which is not too popular with my family. I believe in the rights and freedoms that our forefathers provided for us in our Constitution. I was raised in church and believe that abortion is wrong. Still I am pro-choice. I am because the government has no right to control our decisions or our life.

My wife and children drive on the road too. I still don't want to give away my freedom for something that some uninformed person says will make the roads safer. Those who trade their freedom for security are neither free nor secure.

Edit: I wanted to give credit for my paraphrased quote about freedom and security. I believe it was said by Benjamin Franklin. I am amazed by the integrity and wisdom that our founding forefathers possessed.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    diesel_weasel and Injun Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diesel_weasel

diesel_weasel Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    So what is the "date of enactement" ? Is this the date that the bill would actually be signed into law or when it was proposed?

4. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    There is no date of enactment, it's still in debate status, and will be for a while, I'm sure. Then, it'll end up stymied in court(s) for a long time...

5. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

So by yours and Injun examples drunk drivers have the right to be on the road?

I have the right to sight my rifle in at a public park?

Drag racers can ignore both residential neighborhoods and school zones.

You wouldn't want to infringe on their freedoms now would you?

How about the big truck running 75 in a 45 construction zone? He has the freedom right so long as he makes it through without killing your family?

Maybe I should practice my backing skills on an off ramp?

Hell lets let narcoleptics and people with severe diabetes (prone to black outs) drive too it will be a big old freedom loving masacre.

The Freedoms fought for then and now are protected. You do not have the freedom to do as you wish, nor does the drunk, nor do the racers, nor I.

What you are describing is Anarchy. Thats fine but your going to have to fight for your highway use instead of pay for it. Gotta say it will make it more interesting. Maybe I'll finally find time to lock in my new Remington. After all by your standards as long as I get lucky and hit my target and not some civilian I'm just exercising my freedom right?

Done with it other than the bill you looking at is not the NPRM that is already in the pike. Two different things. But hey I'm sure your doing your own home work on it right?

6. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    People with diabetes CAN drive a semi, even on insulin now...

7. diesel_weasel

diesel_weasel Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    Have a nice day driver

Cowmobile Thanks this.
  8. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So what has Elogs got to do with it?

9. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    I kinda like Palin and Bachman.... don't know if they can do the pres. thing but I like them. ( Rush too ) Wouldn't that be a ticket? The two of them??

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Who cares, take it to politics.

diesel_weasel and Meltom Thank this.
  11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    you ruined my, "I like turtles" lines.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.