Ok I'll ask what has E-Logs got to do with

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Okieron, Jun 12, 2011.

1. diesel_weasel

diesel_weasel Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN

ummm...

OVER-REGULATION

Injun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    proposed over regulation. By the time it passes the technology for eLogs will be surpassed and they'll be outdated. I'm sure there is better technology to track what a driver does, and if not there will be.

diesel_weasel Thanks this.
  4. diesel_weasel

diesel_weasel Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    99% of us now carry cellphones that can track/record your location within a few miles or less, whether you're talking on it or not. same thing with GPS

Elogs are all about MoNeY, not safety

5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    i have that conversation every week. And someone always says, not my cell phone it doesn't have GPS, and I can just turn it off, or take the battery out. Mine is a prepaid Wal Mart phone, or I have 2 phones. Newsflash, the world is becoming a computer.

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Carry two phones.

They have no idea which is the one you use.

diesel_weasel Thanks this.
  7. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

This is hopeless. While I find it sad, I must try to overlook the lack of integrity, wisdom and credibility in today's society. I just plain can't take the lack of common sense!

8. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    So lying to cover actions shows integrity as weasel suggests? Must be a far different definition than I use.

Wisdom? Pray tell what wisdom would that be? The oh so rare belief in everything you say? Your name's not Koresh is it?

Credibility? See thoughts on integrity above.

I fail to see how operating in such a manor as you must compromise all those things you claim proves your possesion of them.

I log what I do, My word(and my signature) is my bond. Somehow that proves my lack of these virtues.

You are correct there does seem to be a distinct lack of common sense near you.

And yes weasel your can do whatever you wish as long as your willing to face the consequences of your actions. Part of the consequence of people consistently lying and causing accidents, and taking lives is you will be forced to follow the #### law you agreed to when you asked for your license instead of stealing you use of the publics roads.

So you have a choice. Accept it or quit. I'm good either way because they won't affect one thing I do in the completion of my assignments. Perhaps you shoulld get better at your job so you don't have to lie,cheat, and steal or as BJ54 puts it show your integrity and moral fiber so blatantly.

9. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    You know, you really are a piece of work to be making the kinds of accusations that you are about drivers that happen to have a difference of opinion. Integrity and moral fiber my ###, you don't know the meaning of the words.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  10. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

Check the thread. Weasel plainly states he runs illegal so he can get the load.
    He claimes everyone simply has to or the prices of everything from your phone to your deisel will sky rocket out of reach for mere mortals to purchase thereby bringing the end of western civilization as we know it. Well ok he hasn't blamed the entire fall on following the HOS and elogs but he has implied it.

So he lies when he signs his book, cheats the system because the load to run legal should have either paid him enough to cover the time he had to lie to cover or the 1/2 truck he says we will need when the ability to lie gets more complicated. And steals the use of the road because when you ask for permission you imply you consent of the laws governing the road. He uses a product without paying the price. Theft in my opinion.

But yes I understand how sensitive some are to facts and logic.

11. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Put it in a pipe and smoke it.

You can't present any actual facts yourself but you foam and froth and throw out accusations when others call you on it. And your opinion doesn't qualify as logic.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.