Old Dominion Freight Line vs UPS Feeder.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by QotisFiya, Nov 6, 2020.

1. QotisFiya

QotisFiya Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Yea I’m about to check them out now.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @QotisFiya looking at Estes website its showing that they need team drivers and flex team. @KaoMinerva works at estes he maybe can tell ya the difference between flex team vs a team drivers.

4. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

I think they are at 76 cents split now

5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    That is pretty dang good. Nice.

6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    That doesn’t sound as bad, the way I heard it was it’s basically like having to quit and reapply.

Still, who knows how long it would take for them to be hiring off the street at a location you’d like to move to.

LtlAnonymous and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The driver that I know that did it was offered the job at the new location and then he quit. It was a definite job offer before he left the original location. He also was at a location where they had classification which means separate seniority lists for different jobs. Meaning he had gone to the bottom of the Feeder board when he left package to come to feeders and hadn’t been in feeders very long. His wife’s family was in Louisville and saw more opportunity for growth at the Louisville location than where he was.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    jmz and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  8. Bigdog69inSC

Bigdog69inSC Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2016
    I don't know where you are but it isn't like that in my supplement. We had a building 150 miles away hiring like crazy and they wouldn't even consider letting any of us transfer, or quit and start over. One of our guys is in sleepers and lives in that city but had no luck.

I know some of the west coast has the ability to transfer, other than that, it's almost impossible to change buildings.

jmz Thanks this.
  9. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The driver came from 81st Indy to SdFas Louisville. It’s been 15 years or so and things do change.

LtlAnonymous and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Nothing is impossible. “Side Deals” were very popular back in the day. Very little couldn’t be renegotiated if both parties came to an agreement. Our contract was opened on a regular basis. I can’t say for certain that it was the case, but who knows.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. Bigdog69inSC

Bigdog69inSC Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2016
    A GA driver told me he transfered to SMAGA from a small center when it first opened. If I remember correctly, they let 1 or 2 from every building in GA transfer in, but they will end up with 500+ drivers

We meet SDFAS drivers and a few told me they hired into worldport, got out of their probationary period, informed feeders they had a CDL and went to feeder school almost immediately.

I'm in the Atlantic supplement and have never heard of anyone in my area making a move. I absolutely believe it can happen if someone is in the right place at the right time.

Banker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.