Old guy gets a job in this recession!!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by boobear, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzoteamster

gonzoteamster Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    In the for what its worth category, this old guy that didn't find out he was old until looking for a job finally found a good one with what seems like a good company. Three weeks until unemployment ran out and 8 mths. of sitting on my hands but only started looking (only right) in May. Those of you still looking hang in there and keep trying, it took me 43 applications - written, in person, online, etc. and about 20 calls with my one million miles no tickets/accidents which normally is a prime catch. Do whatever you have to do to stay off the exit ramp with a sign. My next stop was to start delivering pizzas to keep the house, I figured I would get more tips out of feeling sorry for the old SOB. For what its worth just saw that Dayton Freight is hiring full and part-time in St. Louis. I think you apply through Career Builder.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. j stonecipher

j stonecipher Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2009
    The Plains, Ohio
    Yes,Monfort was fast,but there were alot of trucks that could run with them! The old Western Livestock Express trucks which were owned ken Ackerman whos son run K&B;BJM owned by Bobby Joe McAdams"Big Junkie Monkey" who i also drove for;those were the good ole days of our industry,we didnt take pills but kept a sack full just in case!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.