Old Jm traler ???

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by goldwing-rider, Mar 2, 2024.

1. goldwing-rider

goldwing-rider Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Naperville il
    Hi, what is you opinion , advice on this old jm trailer , is the first time that i see one
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I don’t believe I would want that trailer when it was brand new, I certainly wouldn’t want it at what looks like 20 years old or better. I don’t see any openings big enough on the bottom deck to open the doors on modern day large vehicles. Maybe some better pictures would help.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    EvertonP Thanks this.
  4. goldwing-rider

goldwing-rider Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Naperville il

Attached Files:

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Then door openings wouldn’t be an issue since you are going to be having them set on with a forklift. It looks like to me you couldn’t side load the middle of the bottom deck of the trailer. I guess if you factor that in and all the top decks worked and you bought it cheap.

EvertonP, goldwing-rider and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. EvertonP

EvertonP Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2022
    I mean they were heavy and built solid like the Miller T-7 but they were HEAVY. Lol. Bring coffee for your forklift driver because he’s not gonna like you at first.

Tropsnart Thanks this.
  7. Mnmover99

Mnmover99 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2022
    The trailers rot out from the inside. Take a small hammer and tap on the cross piece in the lower front of the trailer, if it sounds thin, it is a big job to replace it. Also drill a small hole in the pipe sections where water could be accumulated. They usually do not have drains. The support pipes that hold up the rear section also are suseptiable to rusting out. Any trailer over 23 years old is going to need welding repair. I do not think it will be warrantied.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.