On Duty Time and Off Duty Time

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by JKC Transport, May 30, 2011.

1. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Then you need to go back to school as you are completely clueless on the regs as you demonstrated in two threads.

Tell me Mr forum expert; since I'm always wrong, how am I supposed to update the EOBR when I'm not in the truck?

Going off of your expertise:

When I cut my grass, should I be on line 4 (I might be traveling in the direction of the carrier on my riding mower)?

Side note;

Since when does Washington make anything abundantly clear? You almost need a lawyer to interpet half the crap Washington comes up with.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    [​IMG]

RW. Thanks this.
  4. lostNfound

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Oh yeah, since you seem to be having some problems, I signed you up at the Reading Comprehension Connection (http://www.readingcomprehensionconnection.com/). No need to thank me... I'm generous like that.

5. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Not only are you clueless, but you're a fool.

1) Off duty means you're not doing anything work related. Why in the blazes would you log line 4 or 3 when driving your personal vehicle during your time off? That would defeat the purpose of having a line 1. Your job is not a prison.

2) Even if you were to park at Flying J, disconnect your trailer, and bobtail to the hood to buy some blow, you log that off duty. Why? You're using the truck for personal reasons. Your truck is not a prison.

3) The feds cannot tell you what you can and cannot do during your time off. All they can tell you is to not get any tickets while driving your personal vehicle, and to come to work sober and refreshed.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Why don't you post your phone number so that the next person ticketed wrongly in your opinion can call and get your great advice and maybe you can fight the ticket?

7. lostNfound

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    :biggrin_2559:

Somebody needs a hug.

And a vacation.

And while you're on vacation, you can read the FMCSR Regulations. Pay special attention to part 395. Here's a link for you:
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/FmcsrGuideDetails.aspx?menukey=395

Oh yeah, if you find the online version of the reading comprehension course too difficult you can probably find one at a local college or learning annex. They will probably have an English as a Second Language (ESL) course that you can take too as you seem to have some real challenges with all of it.

Good luck.

THBatMan8 Thanks this.
  8. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    You are presistant, aren't you? I know part 395 like the back of my hand as I recently took a refresher course. You apparently don't.

9. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Great, another one.

10. lostNfound

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    I can read, you... I'm concerned about it.

Nowhere have I ever posted anything remotely suggesting either of the following:
    So... try again.

11. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    The only one that needs a vacation is you. Stop trolling my posts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.