One plate! Two trucks??? Logiflex (pic)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Xenergiserx, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Xenergiserx

Xenergiserx Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2021
    Hello I was working for this drayage company. owned by an East European people. They gave plates and insurance, but I think the plates were fake because one time I caught a Driver( company ) that had a registration with my same plates.
    Also they lied! given me trips that didn’t pay anything. Eventually a Quit now they holding my last paycheck and won’t respond to my massages. What can I do. Is this legal? If the plates are fake does that mean I didn’t have insurance and all the deductions were fake?

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Did you know before hand?? Then you should have known what was coming.

4. Xenergiserx

Feb 2, 2021
    No i didn’t know.

5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    A driver should do exactly what a trucking company does, before hiring, do a deep investigation of what you are about to step into.

6. Xenergiserx

Feb 2, 2021
    Really? Ok I don’t get how does that help this situation?

7. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. But since you did not take this to heart, you probably are going to suffer the consequences. You might try taking them to Small Claims Court, but I highly doubt you being successful. I know it is hard but you just need to mark it up to "live and learn"..

Veteran driver and Xenergiserx Thank this.
  8. Xenergiserx

Feb 2, 2021
    Well I’ll try calling Illinois and the insurance company. Just let them know what they are doing. And move on.

9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Its probably not legal to hold your last paycheck but, if they aren't responding to your massages, try rubbing below the belt, so how they respond.

10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I’d contact someone at the state DOT and revenue office and give them the documentation that the company is commuting tax fraud

also , any Chicago based company or any company run by Russians or e anyone from the former Soviet Union ,
    WILL rip you off .
    That’s a guaranteed .

Veteran driver, Xenergiserx and Grouch Thank this.
  11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    If you are an O/O that was paid under 1099, you can certainly kiss your money goodbye. But you can try to cause the company some "headaches" by making the state aware of what they are doing. Personally, I cannot understand why the Feds. have not stepped in on these companies such as the one you described.If they are ripping the state off, you know they are doing the same to the Federal system.

Xenergiserx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.