One week cdl school, Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by elamigowapo, Aug 12, 2018.

1. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    I already hijacked a few other post thought Id create my own however, theres a school near Las Vegas, Nv called a-1 trucking school. They hand over a certificate which you then take to the dmv after passing the course and get your cdl after applying for one. One of the requirements is you have a permit before beginning class which I already have. My schedule is on-call at my current job so I dont have the luxury to attend a 160 hr course. I am concerned as to how hard it will be to get employed with a course like this. If it helps to know my main objective is to become an o/o one day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. larryh31

larryh31 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Washington, DC 20032
    None of the big companies are going to accept your school training. You might get lucky with a local company like movers, food, and beverage distributors, etc.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  4. elamigowapo

Apr 18, 2017
    What is the likely hood of finding a job with an independent trucking company?? Or is that sketchy??

5. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Ask the school ... "Which trucking companies hire graduates of your school?" If any of those companies sound good, then call them and ask ... "Do you hire A1 grads right out of school?" Call any other companies you are interested in and ask the same.

6. elamigowapo

Apr 18, 2017
    Sounds like a good idea, theres plenty of now hiring listings on indeed saying theyll hire with no experience Ill ask them.

7. plankton

Jan 9, 2015
    if it's only 1 week, then it better be in a truck with an instructor full-time, one-on-one for the entire week.

elamigowapo Thanks this.
  8. plankton

Jan 9, 2015
    Also, be specific when calling companies ... if A1 offers different training programs, be sure to specify that you are considering doing their one week program. Will the company hire grads of the one week program?

elamigowapo Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You have reason for concern because it will be incredibly difficult to get a job without that 160 he certificate.....if you want to just give your money to somebody, just give it to me

elamigowapo Thanks this.
  10. elamigowapo

Apr 18, 2017
    What are my chances of finding a job with an o/o for example somebody with just a few trucks.

11. elamigowapo

Apr 18, 2017
    Is werner a good co to work for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.