OOIDA takes elogs to the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by tucker, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I bought 3 cases of beer this afternoon,,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    No it's not to eliminate flexibility it's to eliminate illegal flexibility.... If elogs would stop you from doing something your WOULD of been breaking the law.... I am not taking sides just stating a fact

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Here is one logical reason, every time a guy breaks hos to deliver a load that customer then expects every one else to.
    This also negatively effects rates. Take an 2 identical 800 mile loads that are loaded at noon. 1 guy runs 100% legit cause he is on elogs and greys to the reciever at 1, maybe 2 pm. By the time he is empty he isn't getting the next load till tomorrow. 1 guy runs on paper and makes it look legal so he can get delivered by 8 am the next morning. That's early enough he can get another load that day, reducing the truck to load ratio in that market. Simple supply and demand. The more trucks getting loads due to being able to fudge the book artificially increases the supply side of trucking. Higher the supply, lower the rates.

Now to be frank, you personality i trust to make good decisions and not put me or my children at risk by running when you should be sleeping. But the half million jose cuevos down south? Or the 250k boris yeltzins up north? The new Canadians that spend more time in Florida than run to Florida and back to Quebec twice a week? Plus all the homegrown morons that can't run a profitable business? Absolutely not. Just look in the "ask an owner operator" section and its quite clear that guys like you, redforeman, rolling coal, and rank that run profitable safe operations are vastly out numbered by these fly by night don't have a clue operating on a show strong budget fools. Heck just last night i read a post by a guy that said he can't make it running 70 hours a week, he needs 100+ hours a work to make end meet. And my all time favorite ttr post: the dude asking what to do cause his truck was impounded at the wildwood scale for running with no mc# and no insurance.

bigguns and tucker Thank this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Honestly, part of me is against elogs because I like to park in a truckstop and take my 10 hour break while the outlaws will stop on an onramp for a few hours here and there. Plus outlaws will pencil in a 10 hour break but only stay in a truckstop 3 to 4 hours.

So I use one spot for 12 hours, the spot next to me could actually of had 3 trucks take their "10" hour break in it.
    So with elogs, parking will be a nightmare real quick.

But overall I want elogs to be mandatory for everyone just to upset Pedigree Bulldog and others like him.

bigguns Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.