Open Road Drivers Plan (Legal services)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by XCELERATIONRULES, Mar 26, 2015.

1. nofilter

nofilter Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    WA
    I would really like to hear about OOIDA... I was going to join, couple of years ago when looking for insurance.
    they quoted me double what I pay now. I am with Great West.
    So I have little trust in OOIDA to save you money on anything let alone an Attorney.... ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I have been driving for over ten years now and just signed up for Driver's Legal Plan through my company. The cost is under 3 bucks a week so I figure why not. Another driver suggested I get it. He was issued a ticket in NYC and used it. It's not perfect but if I ever had to go to court out of state I would lose money from not working plus travel expenses. Just my thoughts.

SteerTire Thanks this.
  4. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I stopped using all prepaid legal services with the onset of the internet. I’ve gotten 1 speeding ticket in the past 15 years.

I simply used a legal forum much like TTR. Found a local attorney to work with me. And got it handled for $500. I talked to this lawyer via phone and email for about 2 weeks. I feel like I got a bargain.

Cheap? No. Expensive? No. Especially when you consider the cost of paying into a legal service over a 15 year period.

nofilter Thanks this.
  5. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    For a new driver I think this is a good deal. Driver I worked with had open road and they did as advertised when he got an over-weight ticket at the state scale.

6. nofilter

nofilter Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    WA
    Did you get the ticket off your record?
    Which online legal forum did you use?
    thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.