opinions on glider kits

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by TommyToe, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    really there are new engines made for old emission standards, but they may be installed on trucks for export ore these engines may be exported to other foreighn truck makers if they have legal ability to make pre emission trucks.

For example, KRAZ makes military vehicles with Cummins L9 engine. Mechanically it is ISL, but with mechanical injection pump.

It is not secret that N14 is not discontinues and its version with injection pump is available too, but for military ore agricultural application.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    Well c-15 in not secretly discontinued. CAT still makes c-15 but for off road only like construction or farm tractors.

4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I am looking for anyone that has one of these Fitzgerald Gliders, or just a glider in general I guess. I have a 2012 Freightliner Coronado Glider from Fitzgerald and am having an issue with my temp gauge that I want to talk to some fellow owners about. Thanks

5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Do you have a Scan Gauge D? It will give you water temp, if your gauge is bouncing around on you.

6. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    And they have to meet emissions standards also. Not sure if they are as stringent as the on highway applications or not, but they are clean and produce no soot in the exhaust.

russtrucker Thanks this.
  7. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Farm tractors are pretty much on the same page as trucks for emissions. Maybe just a few years behind. Scr,dpf,egr,def farmers know all about them. Not just farmers. Pretty much any engine fro. Payloaders to gensets what ever.
    I was baling cornstalks a few weeks ago and the tractor started a regen and what a dog it was.

8. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yep, the Scangauge D will give you the info you need straight off the ECM. Nice way to check the accuracy of a analog gauge in the dash. And makes it nice to see if maybe the sending sensor might be bad.

Yep. New ag equipment over, I think, 40 hp, has to meet Tier 4 diesel emissions standards also. Some smaller compact tractors are exempt, but everything else up the food chain has to meet Tier 4.... SCR, DPF, etc.

9. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    when I was at vocational school for diesel mechanic, we were invited to heavy equip class. They got a 2011 dozer with cat c-9. They turn on regen, no soot, but waste of fuel, and loud turbo. I would laugh a truck with cat tier 4 finals under the hood.

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I have the KR Scan Gauge, looked for the water temp on it the other day but didn't find it.... My water temp gauge does bounce around between 175 and 198 Sucks at idle when it is cold. It just don't seem norm to me but, I have been told that the thermostat never fully closes and because my glider came with a 4 core radiator, connected to a 12.7ltr Detroit, that is the problem...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.