Opinions working in coca cola class A

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jmelendez1223, Dec 24, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Nah he's up in NJ I believe. I had him a job waiting here because he was gonna move to Tampa but he's gonna get a lil experience up there first. It'll be easy for him to get in when he comes down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jmelendez1223

Jmelendez1223 Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    yup thats is true and i know in the interview that day the manager was like they only work 4 days idk if thats true and are you off weekends too or na ? And i #### i think i need a shifting memory lesson lol

Upinsmoke and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    no, many, many years ago, a coke driver was delivering to a company that i worked for, it was a steamy HOT, MUGGY can't breathe the air day up here.

i offered to buy him an icy cold Pepsi (they had a coke machine and a Pepsi machine, but the coke machine was empty, and he said, "hey man thanks but if my supervisor comes by and checks on me and see's me drinking the competition, i'm toast"...

now, i don;t know if he was serious, but he absolutely DID NOT take a free Pepsi.....he drank out of the water cooler instead.

5. Jmelendez1223

Jmelendez1223 Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    that is crazy i def would of drank that pepsi #### that im hot why not

FlaSwampRat, D.Tibbitt and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I used to love that. Before I went into management, that was always a challenge for me to convert an account. A lot of the times I was pretty successful. Never forego the chance to convert a potential account, whether you are having lunch at work or out with family and hamming it up with the owner behind the counter. It may not directly pay you out, but in the long term (in the CSD world anyway) it can pay huge dividends to your career.

FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    there used to be a tv commercial with a coke and pepsi driver, sitting side by side at a diner...if i can find it, i will post it

8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    I worked out of the Sylmar .ca warehouse and they.had.fired the shop Stewart ( we were teamsters). For drinking a Pepsi.
    He fought it and couple months later got his job back with back pay
    They can tell you what to drink and where to eat all they want, but unless they are buying it you can do what you want.
    Funny thing is they knew he drank pepsi.
    He even had a phone cover with pepsi logo on it.

9. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    1 to 2 weeks of training. Learning the handheld is the hardest part lol. For me it was.
    If you are union, everything is done by seniority.
    You most likely won't have a set route till later. Covering routes that drivers called sick or on vacation.
    I.loved the 4 10's. We got off it cause the supermarkets here in so cal went on stoke for 2 to 3 months and we didn't cross the lines. Supervisors(all had class a) and salesman ( some had class a) would meet drivers at the store and deliver it. Then when it was over , coke kept us on it.
    If you going to deliver to comment stores and gas stations, parking could be a challenge.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    They weren’t fond of me bringing in private label water every day but they finally gave in and put in a one door cooler to get rid of damaged 500ml Dasani Lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Soda jobs dont pay crap. If youre a new driver, get your one year of experience, with no accidents and get out.

I worked for Pepsi for a year and it was the worst driving job I ever had. Cant imagine Cole is much different, same work different color truck. Work 14 hours a day, get crapped on by store managers/owners who use you as free labor and dont realize you have 19 other stops to do. Pay was crap. I literally make twice as much now in LTL as I did at Pepsi.

Sorry to be a downer.

However I will say if you are going to work at a union distributor you probably wont get used and abused quite as bad, but I wouldn't count on getting rich slinging soda.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.