Opinions working in coca cola class A

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jmelendez1223, Dec 24, 2019.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    No. God no. I'd never do beverage or food service. That money isn't worth the wear and tear on my body and my wife isn't good at giving back rubs that last more than 5 minutes. That being said, in my past experience with PepsiCo, the guys with any amount of seniority never humped cases past 10-12 years, they eventually went to a box truck or running bulk out of a 48 footer.

There was one guy in my barn though that just retired after 35 years of running a sideloader. Total pain in the ### to manage. He'd hurt himself, and you couldn't get him to go to the hospital, and if you did, he'd just lie to the physicians to get released back to full duty. One of those old school guys that always took a paper check, refused direct deposit, still has a flip phone, and ONLY because his wife wants to be able to get hold of him and never called in sick unless he was legitimately hospitalized. I always felt terrible for this guy, because he was such a stubborn ####### that after years of unsafe working habits, can't turn his head without the rest of his body and is in debilitating pain. He now has to live with it for the rest of his life.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Retired UPS feeder driver here who drives for Coke now. It's a pretty good job, I like it. Figure I came from the job everyone wants and I like it.

4. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    Thank you for telling an honest fish tale.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Drive safe.

LPjunior1970, McUzi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    To each their own bud, some guys dont want to live in a truck. Some guys have family to take care of and sons and daughters they want to see grow up . some guys are married and have a nice house and like to be at home everyday. Otr aint for everybody and neither is ltl or running soda. Different strokes for different folks, i could never run a local truck doing 20 stops a day lumping all them cases of soda. No thank you. My hats off to them , but i wouldnt expect them to stay out on the road for 3 months at a time , trip planning evrryday dealing with mountains of paperwork, dealing with brokers etc we all play for the same team just have different positions . it disrespectful to undermine an entire side of the industry when we all have important roles in keeping society moving

6. Jmelendez1223

Jmelendez1223 Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Im still waiting for one of yall to anawer my questions lolol come on guys

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Your training maybe about 2 weeks. The first week to learn the routes, stops computer work, and the electric pallet jack, and then the 2nd week is all on you to get hands on experience.

You will probably start around 4 to 5 am. The earlier, the better. You will have several other vendors that will try to deliver at the same time as you do. Once you get done, you come back to the plant, check in, turn in all of your paperwork, and either stage your truck, or back your truck into a dock to unload the damaged or out of date product, and be reloaded for the next day route. Your day and how long it is depends on you and any issues that may arise that may make it longer, examples pallets tilted over in trailer, or getting held up because of another vendor

If the position you re applying for is driving tractor trailer for Coke, the majority of it unloaded by electric pallet jack.

You will be delivering to grocery stores, Walmarts, Targets, etc.

The biggest key is to be extra cautious making turns, and cary plenty of shrink wrap and straps

Cardfan89 and Jmelendez1223 Thank this.
  8. Jmelendez1223

Jmelendez1223 Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019

Great info appreciate it alot

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  9. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Most of these drivers commenting on your page wouldn t make it past the 1st day delivering Coca Cola. And before they try to jump my case, I did side load, 10 bay, bulk delivery, and was a salesman for Pepsi for 5 years

10. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The Coca Cola plant I worked out of had 3 retire in the last year after 25 years on the truck. Our local Pepsi bottler has one guy still on the truck since the late 80’s outworks all of the younger coworkers. We haven’t had side loaders in years but it’s still hard work.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what's even funnier, is that coke, pepsi, royal crown cola, all own several competitors they once forbade the drivers to drink...lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.