Opinions working in coca cola class A

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jmelendez1223, Dec 24, 2019.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I know a Coke driver that is 70 years old, and running the bulk route. He s been working there 50 years. I also had one of my friends dad retire from Coke after 47 years. He started right after high school working there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    that’s all there is in the local Pepsi plant in my area. Drivers with 30 plus years in.

4. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Where are you at? NJ? Are you with liberty coke? I can give you specific details if that’s the case

5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    I worked for coca cola for 11 years mostly delivering to small stored and gas stations.
    Would still be there if I didn't get terminated.
    Was making 24 an hour.
    Some guys don't like to work lol

6. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    You aren't in that industry then. Younger faces are more common, but there are a number of older people doing good/beverage service. Some of those who got out only did so because their 401k /bank account were comfortable and they only needed a kick back gig with reasonable health insurance to get them through to 65.

Cardfan89, dwells40 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I enjoyed my customers and most of my co workers when I worked for Pepsi. Yeah you freeze in the winter and burn up in the summer, but its one of the few jobs where if you did your job and did it right, once you got done, you came back to yard, checked out and went home. No questions asked.

Every so often if I got done early or way ahead of schedule, and had nothing else to do after work, I would merchandise a store for sales support, or go help another worker who had a big day and needed help

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I would still be at Pepsi, but me and upper management did not see eye to eye. Example, if you had a light day and got done early, you couldn t come back to the yard until 3pm, and no matter how much you did your job and did it right, they would still find fault in something

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    We came back early and if there was a reload you do it. If no reload you can go home.
    We were guaranteed 8 hrs pay. If we refused a reload you got paid what you worked and got written up.

10. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    My long term goal was to get in, get some experience, and get on with a decent LTL where I felt that I could work for the next 30+ years. I did foodservice for just under a year before I found the opportunity I was looking for and I would do it again and for much longer if I had to.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with starting out in food and beverage, especially if that’s all you can find (the OP has been looking for a few months now). I’d take that job every time over starting out OTR working for peanuts and making less than minimum wage when you account for all the time on the road away from home.

11. Buffalonytrucker92

Buffalonytrucker92 Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    I actually was contacted by them here in Buffalo NY. I'm thinking of going to the interview. All the email says was either Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday schedule. All based on company needs. Also they said pay starts at $23 an hour. Does anyone have anymore information about the Buffalo NY warehouse?

I worked at Pepsi and was paid commission it sucked. Being paid hourly would be alot better I can imagine. Pepsi was union. But they sucked

Jmelendez1223 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.