Opportunity for LTL trucking job

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Labrador, Sep 13, 2018.

1. TruckerFit

TruckerFit Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Oh and one more thing

Dont be scared son

No easy route in trucking, cant avoid the scary hard stuff forever

I kno i wanted to but an opportunity presented itself and even tho i was nervous about the backing and driving in the city i took it and everything worked out

CJ701 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Labrador

Labrador Medium Load Member

May 31, 2018
    I really appreciate all of the replies. I love this site, people share their experiences and provide good information. I think I will give it a go. They are offering 5 weeks of training so I am sure we will be covering a lot of stuff there. I have always been pretty amazed at truck stops, especially busy ones, watching a 70' truck see one stop avail and without hesitation do their set up and back into the space. That requires some confidence Get Out And Look.. Imagine them doing that when it is dark and raining out.
    Awesome info, thx again. I am doing this.

4. Labrador

May 31, 2018
    Wanted to add, one of the people here mentioned many of the drop off's may be the same clients. That is a relief, so you don't have to learn the details of each site each date. Probably some places get a reputation for being difficult or easy to deliver to.

5. Labrador

May 31, 2018
    Just wanted to give an update. I got the LTL job! I am currently training with the company and am about ready to learn how to be a dock worker. In about 3 weeks I begin their 5 week program to learn how to drive their trucks LTL. So grateful for the opportunity, it looks like a great company to work for.

Fuelinmyveins and RSB34 Thank this.
  6. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Congrats what company is it?

7. Labrador

May 31, 2018
    I probably should not say since I have said things about the operations of the company. I am just going to hold off on that for now heh to play it safe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.