Opti idle, does it keep you cool when trying to sleep?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by fuel463, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Toll roads...? What about toll roads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I checked one company here... asked if they used PrePass or anything like that and they said they don't use anything and route trucks around tolls... :rolleyes:
    Ohhh... really? I definitely don't want that company...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    We have prepass. We don't get pulled in very often.

They told me I can only use a toll road if it's on my route solution. The route solution is the route they want you to use.

I just ignore the route solutions. They've never said anything to me. But supposedly if you use unapproved tolls, they will take it out of your check.

My experience is most important tolls get approved. But if you are driving around Chicago, it gets confusing, at least for me. They have a lot of tolls, and their route solution is hard to read.

Rocks Thanks this.
  5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    "Anal"... that's what I don't like... micromanagement... I drove for a super small company where most drivers had over 25 yrs experience and the company let us make decisions about fueling, routes, even repairs...

6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Chicago... I don't want Chicago, no NE and no west coast... :biggrin_25512: Drove all 48 states for 11 years... Now I want to avoid those places...

7. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    @TravR1 ... does the mileage they pay pretty close to the mileage you get on your dash?

8. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    They send me to Chicago a lot. There's a MARS in Joliet we drive for a lot.

Midwest, and yes north east, but haven't seen NYC.

Haven't seen California, but we haul wine out of Washington state. I've been up there.

You might like Danny Herman's lanes. It's posted on their website. Check it out.

Speed_Drums and Rocks Thank this.
  9. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    On a different subject here, does it happen sometimes that you have to go back to shipper to have load rearranged of have a pallet removed after scaled the load at a truck stop? That happened to us in my former company about 25% of the time. And when that happened, company would pay extra miles from scale back to shipper and back to scale again... :)
    We had many very heavy loads...

10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Yeah, the money is definitely there. I'm on the refrigerated side. My take home is usually 1100 to 1600 after deducts.

I'm at 0.68 plus 30.00 per stop. We get a holiday bonus as well which kicked in like 2 weeks ago.

You just gotta stomach the bean counting. There's a bit of that.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I called them in 2013 and spoke with a recruiter... it seemed to me they had team trucks going everywhere... but solo trucks were not making much money...
    Will check again... thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.