Orientation - 11/12, Wilmer, Texas

Discussion in 'Crete' started by J.D.W., Oct 25, 2012.

1. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    Well after having put in my first two years with Knight, I'm finally moving on to a hopefully bigger and better position. I drove OTR/48 for Knight for my first 15 months, but the past 9, I've been doing 11 western regional, and now I'll be doing OTR once again with Crete...although only because I don't get a choice in the matter. Lol. Crete told me they can only offer me an OTR position at the time. But truth be told, I actually enjoyed my time driving OTR more than I did regional anyway...with the exception of more frequent home-time, driving regional, of course.
    But anyhow, I don't want to get too far away from my point of putting up this post. What I'm here for is to ask the Crete drivers on this board, what I should expect? I don't, at least presently, have any one specific question I want to ask about anything. I just want to hear from the people who are currently driving for Crete, what a typical day/week/month/etc is like, being behind the wheel for the big red Triple-C.
    By the way, for anybody wondering why I'm not starting orientation until the 12th of next month, with this being the 25th of this month. Yes, they did give me the option of starting on the 5th, and of course they would've been more than happy to get me in on the 29th, if I was in a really big hurry to get going with Crete. I still do have some other applications out with a few other companies, who some of which I'm still waiting to hear back from, and some are still processing paperwork - background checks, employment verifications, safety reviews, etc...so as soon as I hear some job offers from everybody I can get an offer from, I'll know for sure if I'll be heading over to Crete, or making a change of plans. And thus, that's why I'm giving myself a cushion with Crete, since I figure just in case a better offer does come my way, I might at least not have to burn a bridge with Crete by having to cancel out on them, at the last minute.
    So...thanks in advance, to anybody who cares to offer up some experiences or words of wisdom to me, pertaining to CCC.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This isn't about Crete; just some good companies to look at since you live in CA. I strongly considered Shaffer division of Crete, myself.

System Transport : systemtrans.com
    Navajo : Navajo.com
    Fairchild Freight : fairchildfreight.com

4. awiseman

awiseman Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Fort worth, TX
    I’ve gotten the go ahead to run with Crete also just haven’t called them back to set up orientation. I moved to TX from Ca to land a local job that has gone from sweet to sour. Before I ran for Schneider western regional yet and still I spent more time in the south east than I did on the west coast. From what I’ve seen a lot of Crete drivers are reporting good earnings and none if any complaints even drivers that’s not driving for them anymore have good things to say.

5. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    Yeah I've noticed the same things, but I'm k ind of trying to get it "straight from the horse's mouth", I guess you could say. Just wanna hear form some drivers about what a typical day is like for them, that kinda thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.