OTR driver looking for a good long haul job with a SMALL company.

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Sgt Trucker, Apr 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Trucker

Sgt Trucker Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2021
    I'm an OTR driver looking for a good long haul job with a small company. Van or reefer, possibly flatbed or grain hopper. Home time is wide open. No real limit, if I can get what I need. Doing temp runs and side jobs till the right long haul job comes along. Looking for something with long term possibilities. Want to finish out my long haul career with one more company. Ask that you read the whole post before contacting me. A bit long, but you will know where I'm coming from. Not looking to waste anyone's time.

About me: 30 years experience. Mainly vans and reefers. Some flatbed, tanker, grain hopper. A year in ND oilfields, 14/15. All lower 48 states. Every transmission up to 18 speed, wheelbases to 290. CDL A with tanker, renewed till 2029. New 2 year DOT physical, March 2024. Completely clean MVR and PSP. No criminal record ever. No drugs EVER, registered in the FMCSA clearinghouse. Lifetime NON smoker. I don't drink alcohol, and haven't touched it in over 20 years. No DUIs EVER. Good physical condition. Can still pass an Army PT test easily. 8 year active duty US Army infantry veteran, 86 - 94, Honorable. Based in Rochester, Indiana now.

I'm a direct and straightforward guy. Not really a small talker. Like to take care of business first. Back up my word, and looking for the same. No real patience for dishonesty or playing games.

My major priority is getting into a solid, reliable truck. Without that nothing else matters. Can't make real money with junk equipment. Been at this so long I find any problems pretty quickly. Some people insist on testing me on that, especially the last few years. I do prefer a truck with a little wheelbase, strong power, decent sleeper, preferably stick shift, 75 mph. Almost anything Peterbilt/Kenworth, longer Freightliners, and some others. I don't make any long term commitments for standard fleet type trucks anymore. I will drive them on temporary deals, but they're not a long term option for me. Just being up front. I don't drive Macks, anything with Paccar or Maxxforce engines, super single tires, any kind of radar, any inward facing cameras.

Looking to hit 3k miles a week or better consistently. If the miles are available I can do 4k+ miles in a week legally, even on Elogs. Very good at managing my hours and trip planning. I'm a hard runner, but safe, and my record backs that up. Nationwide and long haul is what I do best . My ideal job would be steady cross country runs, but not a requirement. Big mile OTR runs pretty much anywhere, with a few exceptions. I don't go to NYC/Long Island, unless there is an incentive to do so. Big mile load, reasonable bonus, etc. I don't go to Canada. Avoid the deep northeast, but I will go for good loads. Not looking to bounce around the northeast for days.

Reasonable pay for my experience. I have no doubt you can get a rookie cheaper. Obviously I'm not going to accept rookie pay. I do bring a lot of hard earned experience and a clean record to the table, and I'm quite serious about what I do. I can do W2 or 1099. For any 1099 jobs I would be looking for pay at the end of each week, no holds. One too many battles over pay on 1099 jobs, so that's how I work now. If that kind of arrangement doesn't work for you we can't do business. I don't pay bonds or escrow, and I don't sign any crazy contracts. A basic contract is fine. Yes, I do read them first.

I have absolutely NO interest in ANY big fleets, or anyone leased to them. I will pull their brokered freight, but I will not answer to them for anything. Smaller is better to me. Prefer 25 trucks or less, or reasonably close. Not interested in being handcuffed to any mega customers. You can probably guess who I'm referring to. For anything dedicated I would be looking for higher miles. * I DON'T DEAL WITH PRO RECRUITERS.

Being up front, I do check companies out pretty well now. Much like I'm checked out. Figure that won't bother serious people. If it's out there I'm probably going to see it. Junk equipment, serious and constant problems with the DOT, or a history of screwing drivers are obvious deal breakers. Need my next job to work, so I'm not going to waste any more time on dead ends. Just saying.

If you have what I need, and I could be what you need, please contact me.

Sgttrucker@gmail.com. 574 847 9598.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.