OTR Drivers - How often do you get online?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bullwinkle, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Higgins

Higgins Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Has anyone tried Vonage with there wireless internet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    You all know that since you use your laptop for safety ,directions or entertainment it is deductible on your taxes as is your cell phone. I was using sprint card but a friend of mine has verizon,its unlimited at 80.00 a month,sprint was 60.00. I try to get on once a day,I feel quilty if i don't,especially since this forum that i actually found by accident came into view. I love the info,interacting with turbo,wiseone ,cybergal,luv yur hubby, and all the rest,kc corey. I am starting a new job sunday in maine back over the road,I told one of my favorite gals there about this site and told her all about the gals here. I will be running the midwest again and be home weekends,worked here before and liked it then,had to learn greener pastures don't always mean steady work. These folks always have freight and are a smaller company,with about 350 trucks,all late models,great maintenance etc. I never wanted a pc ,now,I can't go without it. I skip tv and read,watch videos,directions,jokes ,news,weather,the sky has no limits,neither does pc. U tube is so funny,how can you beat it? Ya'll have a great safe day out there.

4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    verizion is $60 unlimited if you have a phone with them too. $80 if you just have the air card

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I've got Packet8 with my wireless home internet. It doesn't work too well some times depending on the bandwith traffic load between here and town, and the weather. Vonnage is similar and air cards run at a slower download/upload speed. I would be careful about spending a lot of money on some thing that won't work for you. Get a cell phone with a good plan, most now days you can get no roaming, free mobile to mobile in the same company, lots of day time minutes and free nights and weekends. My wife and I share 1500 any time minutes, no roaming, free mobile to mobile in the same company, and free nights/weekends. We very rarely ever go over the 1500 but talk a TON because of the free mobile to mobile and free nights/weekends.

6. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Yup :yes2557:

7. fredthebob

fredthebob Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2007
    For those using the Verizon aircard, how is the coverage? According to their coverage map you only get coverage well inside 15 to 20 large cities, outside of that it's squat. For truckers it seems like that would be a waste of money.

8. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

They are probably talking about their broadband service. They have "national access" which is a lot like dial up, slow but there if you NEED it. That can be found just about every where else but like the cell phone signal can be spotty at times.

9. skipjack

skipjack Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2006
    the company I work for pays for idle air,which has internet with the basic package{not high speed unless you pay} its not the fastest in the world but its ok with me.I think in the future there will be this service in most truck stops.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.