OTR Positions - 6+ Months Experience, Great Equipment!

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by GradyHudson, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GradyHudson

GradyHudson Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2016
    USA
    For sure! Feel free to give me a call at 701-660-3634 for a pre-screen and we will go forward from there!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kitty40

Kitty40 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2018
    So out of curiosity, has anyone in this thread started working for this company? If so, how is it so far?

4. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Nobody that I know of. I would if their top pay wasn't .45/mile. I think itd be a good place to work.

Kitty40 Thanks this.
  5. GradyHudson

Jun 8, 2016
    USA
    We have been blessed to acquire some great drivers through here!

Hey Steve, *thank you for your positive words - we do provide a great place to work for sure! We understand that while CPM in our previous discussions may seem low in comparison to other companies; in combination with our contribution towards great benefits, providing safe/reliable/loaded equipment, and where we excel in many categories, we do believe the opportunity of having a sustainable career with us exceeds a majority of companies.

In combination with how freight rates have hit a majority of companies this past year, as you know .50-.55+ cents per mile doesn’t necessarily mean you’re getting a bigger paycheck. A lot of employment seekers I speak with may make more per mile, but leave because there are no miles to run.

We are always discussing new compensation methods and seeking ways to provide what every professional driver is looking for, and would be glad to have us talk more about any other opportunities that may be available for pay/compensation.

McUzi and Kitty40 Thank this.
  6. TrailHucking

TrailHucking Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Are you still looking for flatbed drivers with 3+ years experience? I'm out of Victoria, Texas (77901) area. I'm very interested in learning rgn/heavy haul as well.

GradyHudson Thanks this.
  7. Havecold

Havecold Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Started on 12/24. 2018 Kenworth T680. Most luxurious and highly efficient setup I never believed I could get. Only thing is, can't haul much more than 44k with 5th wheel as far forward as is. Weights were 11,680, 33,140, 33,440 (First load was potatoes, 78,260. Reminds me I need to get a empty scale ticket.). This coming from a Freightliner lightweight for 1.5 yrs at Prime, which I was a big proponent of the lightweight truck. Not anymore, I traded up to the top it feels like.

I arrived there at 0800 and was out the door with a load by 1700. General manager came out in 10 degree weather to show me the controls on the truck. Switches are placed differently. No rightweigh and no apu. Told him I needed to know what I'm doing before going out and he knew the truck in detail. The person in charge of maintenance seems like he's got his head on straight as well. These guys seem very knowledgeable and want to make it work, whatever the issue, but not pushovers as well. Which is a huge plus.

They will not babysit you also. I just hope they don't start to take on people that aren't going to take care of the truck and customers as well like Prime seems to start doing. A good foundation of people is always the most important than the leaves that fall to the ground. Prime was great to me though. But seeing 21 yr olds everywhere you go about to go on the road all clustered in groups is not a good feeling to me. Reminds me of Tyson plants. No offense, but most young people aren't really concerned about the safety of other people on the road.

I personally got the feeling of being completely unhinged before I did my first load. No more asking permission or live load calls. I've already gotten 3,500 miles lined up in 7 days time.

I'm not one to discuss pay, but it's definitely seeming a lot better all the way around. If you know what your doing, but a little hesitant to be Owner Op like me. Grady Hudson company trucks and people seem like where you want to go to experience the next best thing. I'll be here for awhile. Be safe.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    BckrUp, GradyHudson and McUzi Thank this.
  8. Havecold

Havecold Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2019
    And yes I created a account just to post this. Was still open on my tabs after being hired. Just fyi. :)

GradyHudson Thanks this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    @GradyHudson the placement of the GVWR and DOT numbers on those Volvos made them look a touch sharper than I'm used to seeing. If I wasn't needing to be home every night, I'd give you guys serious consideration for Conestoga work (not because of that, but because I like your interactivity with people on the forum). Good luck in your search for drivers.

GradyHudson Thanks this.
  10. GradyHudson

Jun 8, 2016
    USA
    For sure! Please PM me your contact number and we can give you a call tomorrow

11. GradyHudson

Jun 8, 2016
    USA
    Thank you very much we appreciate that! We definitely had that in mind when putting the decals onto our equipment, wanted to make sure we didn’t look like the general fleet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.