OTR with Contact Lens

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TNtrucker07, Feb 27, 2007.

1. LoweMan43

LoweMan43 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Central Illinois
    Getting tested for the cdl eye requirements:
    When I first went to get my eyes tested, the eye doctor gave me a contact. My right eye is 20/20 and my left eye is 20/200. But, I couldn't get the darn contact into my eye!

Then, when I did get it in...it was so blurry that I couldn't read anything! I thought it was worse. So, I went to another doctor...and, she suggested that I go with only one prescription lens for my left eye and a clear lens in my right eye.

Now, I have a cheap pair of glasses that only cost me $105. The eye test was $45, the lenses were $40, and I bought a clearance pair of frames for $20. They are so much better than the contacts! And, the clearance frames are still available. So, I'm getting a pair of sunglasses for the same price.

I'm glad I went with the glasses, instead of a contact.

It's so much easy to take care of them, too!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    I had same problem with one eye 20/20 and the other 20/something not so good. First attempt to wear a contact to make both eyes equal was overwhelming. I had to do it in steps until my eyes adjusted to each other. Glasses fog too easily but are convenient. It gets easier with time but still pain in the arse now and then. I would like to have some of those 30 day contacts myself. If you need to though, sleep with ones you wear, change when you can. Try alternating pairs evry other day or something. Good Luck!

4. cat 500

cat 500 <strong>"Kitty Cat"</strong>

Oct 24, 2007
    florida
    My husband wore his for about the first 2 wks and decided that he was going back to glasses. It was just easier for him.

5. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008

YEP! MINE did too!
    He said he didn't need this hassle on top of other hassles....:biggrin_25526:

So glasses it is!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.