Our experience with Success Leasing

Discussion in 'Prime' started by billsgirl, Aug 25, 2009.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Good Luck ..

Durzo Blint Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Durzo Blint

Durzo Blint Bobtail Member

May 12, 2014
    Outer Space
    Thank you sir!

123456 Thanks this.
  4. kdcollings23

kdcollings23 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Renwick ia
    Let me know how it goes

5. Durzo Blint

May 12, 2014
    Outer Space
    This is absolutely the best atmosphere of any company I have worked for. It's only been a week but 1st impressions are important and my expectations were succeeded as far as the environment and the atmosphere that is created here at Prime. I can see myself being here for the duration of my driving career. I now have my truck and my first load out of here will take care of my fixed weekly costs and will pay me $1.49 a mile before the fuel surcharge. I couldn't be any happier so far. The people who have negative comments about prime im sorry but so far I can't see how anyone can conscously talk negatively about Prime granted I've only been here a week, but of the 100's of drivers I've talked to throughout the week they all say they wouldn't work anywhere else and some of them did leave only to come back. Good luck to you all and I'll be around!!:biggrin_255:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    jayhawker_1012 and Ditch Doctor Thank this.
  6. Durzo Blint

May 12, 2014
    Outer Space
    Question for the Prime leasers here: Do y'all fill up as needed or buy fuel as needed for each load? Thanks in advance!

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Buy as much cheap fuel at base price (company discounted pump price - ifta tax) that you can find in-route. That's the best way to minimize your fuel costs for the long-run across your lease.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...me/182163-leasing-at-prime-7.html#post2731540

Durzo Blint Thanks this.
  8. Durzo Blint

May 12, 2014
    Outer Space
  9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Absolutely not for a lease operator. Macro 27 is optimized to keep the company and company drivers out of trouble, and at times will direct you to a more expensive fuel stop because of your reported fuel state and/or company needs to steer business to a given location because of their contracts with the truck stop chains.

Follow the advice I wrote in that post, and you'll do much better over the long run than by following macro 27.

Durzo Blint Thanks this.
  10. Durzo Blint

May 12, 2014
    Outer Space
    Oh I see it now! Macro 27 told me to get fuel in Kentucky when I fact the discounted price in Tennessee is cheaper by $.16 a gallon and I have enough fuel to get me there. Not to mention I'll miss Kentucky's extra surtax!

11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You'll pay the KY surcharge based on the IFTA miles you run through the state whether you buy fuel there or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.