Over The Road Repair Shop Guide

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Cybergal, Sep 20, 2006.

1. cherokee96red

cherokee96red Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hernando Beach FL
    The $3,100 was the original quote, parts & labor, final bill was $457.82 plus $375 for towing. Funny thing is the place that the shop was getting the parts was the same place we got the parts. Apparently, Vic's had a mark up of at least 100%. And add in the cost of putting the driver in a hotel for 2 nights, the whole episode was costly. And when we disputed the labor charge of 6 hrs as opposed to the 2 it actually took, they threatened to hold the truck/trailer hostage. Thought they would be reputable being on the NTTS list, but that didn't mean diddly. :biggrin_2552:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eastco

eastco Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2010
    lake city fl
    I would like to throw Vinnys tire and truck repair out there ,They are in Fort Myers Fl at the Pilot truck stop exit # 139 off I 75 ,Mon 12/13/2010 I blew the turbo in my truck ,I fire up the computer looking for tow companies and or repair shops in the south naples area ,not much out here, and most would not work on a volvo, closet volvo dearer was 180 miles away,Tow trucks qouted 1,000 or more for the tow alone,I am O/O I have to pay for everthing myself. I knew there was a tire shop at the pilot so I called to see if the tire shop could recomend some one for repairs .Not only was I told they can handle it the tow company Jamies towing gave me a fair price and got to the truck stop safley. Shop gave me a fair estimate got the repairs done as fast as the parts could come from the dealer .I would and will return when in the area and in need of service or tires

Travelinman Thanks this.
  4. LongRoadTrucker

LongRoadTrucker Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Olymbia, WA
    Anyone know of shops across Washington, Idaho, and Oregon?

Almost all the shops I've seen in here are East Coast..........

5. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    I have delt with "Baker towing" in butte mt off the 90. The have been fair and seem like decent people. Also delt with a place called "on the spot repair" out of Vancouver wa. They service Gulik trucks also. The to seemed fair and up front.

6. Woody13

Woody13 Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    There is an on call repair shop at the Beckley WV exit on the turnpike. Glen something or other. Exit 44 is where I was when I had to call them and their shop is right there. I'll never call them again. Had a brake chamber go out and they charged me an extra 50 over the actual cost of the part and all told $220.00 over the normal cost of putting it on.

7. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    i need a good road service repair done asap,i have u joint that needs to be replaced,if someone could help me 919-247-0183. the truck is located in annapolis,md right now on the side of the road

8. MotorinMomma

MotorinMomma Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Clinton, IA
    Very friendly and knowledgeable folks. Reasonable rates. We were there unexpectedly (isn't that the way with most OTR repairs)? They got right to us, had us out quickly. They are across from the Loves...if you look to the right as you are going over 84 to the loves you will see them. They are a small outfit but sure worth mentioning.

9. MotorinMomma

MotorinMomma Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Clinton, IA
    Our experiences at TA have been the same hit or miss...the one in Cheyenne was great one time, the next two were terrible and they have the attitude that if you aren't happy to bad...we'll just take the next guys money. The absolute worst tho was Petro in Atlanta, 7 1/2 hours for a tire change, there were several reasons I think, the staff overall, it was a warranty replacement, and the guys were more interested in talking to each other about girlfriends, wives and cars than taking care of business. They gave us a complimentary meal that was as poor tasting as the service was unacceptable...just NASTY. There was an ATLAS driver that had been there 12 hours waiting for an air pot to be replaced (he was there when we got there) the new part was sitting on the floor by the tractor. He was still there when we left..

10. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    best cat shop in the carolinas is jr's truck engine repair in concord,nc. these guys know their stuff and don't charge $100/hr.

11. Billyjack

Billyjack Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2008
    London, KY
    If you are going through London, KY on I-75 (North of Knoxville, TN 100 miles) exit 41 in London and need lights, flaps, air bags, flats, brakes or etc.... just call 606-309-9897 and we will see if we can get you going again. Hourly rate of $60.00 per hour.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.