Overweight end dump issues ...... talk to me I need advice lol !

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by iamfargo, Apr 13, 2019.

1. fast1buzz

fast1buzz Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2019
    colorado
    Now that this conversation has been going on for some time I believe I know what you are doing or are thinking about doing. You have a truck and have been told you could make some really good money pulling an end dump hauling XX commodity but in order to make this fantastic money you have to haul at least 25 ton in order to do this. I've been around this business for many years what your telling me are daycab weights with an aluminum end dump. That would haul what you are talking about legally. If you were to haul 24 ton instead of the 25 ton it will reduce your pay for the load below what you are comfortable with possibly not making but the cost of the trip. If you had a day cab tractor weight at around 17,500 and trailer 11,500 then you motel it you could haul 25 ton legally.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    What kind of bucket driver doesn’t know his way around the chicken coops?

Fz1rider, Badmon and motocross25 Thank this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    If you know where your going Go around the scales .......

Your biggest problem is some shippers won’t let you leave overloaded.....

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Texas allows up to 84,000 if you have a Weight Tolerance Permit, but it is not valid on the Interstate. If you are on a load-zoned road or a load-zoned bridge don't you dare get caught without one, even if you are under 80,000.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    This is really easy. You need to increase your per ton rate, not how much you haul. Expecting 25 ton with an end dump is setting the bar stupid high

7. fast1buzz

fast1buzz Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2019
    colorado
    Was not aware of this thanks for correcting me RockinChair. Not that I would use it now that I'm totally "retired".

8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Each state fines differently for overweight!! If you are over gross yes go around if you are over axle dump and reload!! From experience it usually ain’t worth the headache for a extra ton unless I was in the Midwest I never ran more than 23 to 23.5 tons

wore out Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.