Overweight, loaded with an extra 8000lbs, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Charlie42, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Tundra670

Tundra670 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Everett is not 4miles from Bellingham more like 60.

Jubal Early Times Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    When I was using U-Ship to look for loads, there was a couple in a Durango who were pulling loads like this. I called them out on it in the questions section when they tried to repost one of their loads they took on the board as a shipper, and their response was to mind my own business. They weren't rated very high, and I think the load they were trying to ship was because their transmission failed trying to pull it.

I wouldn't say the story is false because of weight ratings. If anything, it's because the broker didn't find a legit carrier to split the load, but it wouldn't surprise me if that happens as well.

4. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    This whole debacle sounds like a uship crap show

loudtom, High Stepper and Siinman Thank this.
  5. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    :happy1: dis a good one...

Siinman and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  6. Charlie42

Charlie42 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2021
    that’s exactly what I did. He said “the shipper sent me here, it’s his freight. I’ve been storing it for him for 8 months.” I told him he was crazy and would get in a wreck. Told the broker and shipper the same. The broker agreed with me and told the shipper he needed an insured hotshot. Shipper was adamant that it was his freight, he was paying the shipping and had hired Durango, trailer and dicks towing to arrange a transfer of a portion of his freight. So new rate con was drafted up by broker with the weight removed by the towing company and a hold harmless with an Oklahoma warranty with the shipper stating he assuming all responsibility for the freight and was putting the Durango in serious trouble. Can’t stop a person from taking his own freight when I refuse to live with it due to his lying about the original weight loaded on me. I’ve been in business 22 years. I’ve seen plenty of litigation. You cannot legally stop a shipper from taking any portion of his freight back if I am refusing to move with it. What he does with that freight is not my decision. I’m not god. I’m a truck driver.
    Yes, I have pics, but in the possible interest the guy is on this board and with me not knowing how to blur license plates, I don’t want to post them until I’m home and my kid can cover the plates up. Yes, was in Everett by the Everett mall exit on I5 south. Oddly, only a piece or two of siding fell off. His dad came with a gooseneck trailer and dually, dicks transferred the load to that and off they went. Durango guy got 3 hefty tickets, civic girl was walking around. Semi took off before police could arrive.

Siinman Thanks this.
  7. Charlie42

Jul 1, 2021
    Close. DAT debacle.

Siinman Thanks this.
  8. Charlie42

Jul 1, 2021
    I was at the Truckstop in Arlington, had originally departed from Bellingham.

Siinman Thanks this.
  9. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    It was K2. Just out side of umpopomaomao. The monkey god temple must be appeased by all travelers and it wasn't.

Oh Everett I thought you meant Everest.

Siinman Thanks this.
  10. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    No but a dingo got the baby.

haycarter and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. Charlie42

Jul 1, 2021
    67A2A492-D10D-4D13-BDEA-75A209D44824.jpeg C7B11CDE-8338-4155-AD98-D12DFEAF6905.jpeg

Here’s pics cutting out the vehicle as it’s not a person I know, so I’m not putting his vehicle on a public forum with his plate. But that was the tiny trailer that showed when the broker told me “a hotshot flatbed is on the way to you to take 9000 lbs off from the shippers towing company. The other pic was the last shot pre accident.

Coffey, Siinman, haycarter and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.