Overweight, loaded with an extra 8000lbs, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Charlie42, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    I’ve never seen a flatbed Durango.

SL3406, Brettj3876, Siinman and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    Also that’s a 7 ton tilt deck trailer not a car trailer with two 3500 pound axles. It might be a 6 ton. I can’t say for sure

4. Charlie42

Charlie42 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2021
    Calling it like I saw it. It was too narrow for the 8’ plates and was set up for vehicles, so I called it a car hauler trailer.

Siinman and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    No it’s setup for equipment. It’s an equipment trailer. But if you call them like you see them, where did you see a Durango? It’s not nearly as bad as you pretended.

6. Charlie42

Charlie42 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2021
    Hey, I’m sitting in a truck stop 24 hours trying to figure out how to transfer a load on a Saturday. A small truck and trailer pull up and get gas. I’m picturing a gooseneck standard flatbed. Excuse me for not being a gas vehicle expert or small equipment trailer expert. I sent the pics to the broker and he said “no chance that can haul 9000lbs safely, I agree. I’ll tell the shipper to figure out a better solution.” Shipper demanded this rig. Guy went and got railroad ties to set on his deck so the fenders wouldn’t take all the weight and said “I’ve hauled 10,000lbs a ton of times. Shipper hired me to take 9000lbs.” Then came the “you’re going to get in an accident before Ellensburg” from me and dicks towing. Shipper insisted and he insisted on going. And he got in an accident 4 miles later. You can Jab at me all you want, I don’t claim to be an expert in small gas vehicles and small trailers, don’t own them. This started with me being stuck with freight and asking for suggestions. I gave the play by play as best I could. I’ll try to get a hair sample and get a linguist there also next time I see something weird to help these threads:)

Coffey, xsetra, Siinman and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    Well I think anyone who knows that a Durango is a vehicle probably knows what their basic shape and size are. I would also wager that you’ve seen a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton flatbed before. So either you are dramatic or you’re dumb. I’ll leave it up to you to determine which it is.

YardMule89 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  8. OscarGoldman

OscarGoldman Light Load Member

May 9, 2022
    Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

gokiddogo and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    LqdgiGnXCrpdgbmMBkhY7y8pG-Kgx9eMYC5_bT-fxzw.jpg

10. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  11. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    If it were me I’d just dodge the scales and run it, that’s about the only choice you have at this point without costing you some money and/or a whole lot of aggravation.
    I suggest you get a weigh system for your truck and trailer or at least so pressure gauges so this doesn’t happen again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.