OWN AUTHORITY : things not to overlook to stay compliant.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TallJoe, Oct 25, 2020.

1. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I've got my new entrant safety audit coming up. Do they really want me to scan and upload ALL my fueling receipts as proof? I have prepass records, I hope that will be enough.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    ^^^^ i would just to be safe

4. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    It's a safety audit..... They don't care about your fuel.

DMV pull
    Drug consortium
    Pee in a cup to hire yourself
    Maintenance records program
    Personel file

If you don't pass they will tell you what to fix in what time frame. You won't get fined. Don't freak out....they are there to make sure you understand what your supposed to be doing if you don't.

5. RunningAces

Jul 2, 2017
    I have all that done. The 30 days of logs I can get from keeptruckin but they are requesting some sort of evidence with it. That is really my only short coming as all I have for evidence is a receipt from speedco, fuel receipts, and prepass records. I'll probably turn it all in tomorrow and give them a call.

Hurricane69 Thanks this.
  6. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    Don't sweat it....send them what ya got. I forgot they don't do anything in person anymore. I just went thru a ifta audit by mail. Just use your people skills.....this is what we are doing.... If we're doing it wrong let us know so we can fix it.

Ask alot of questions.... They will send you things to help you. This is a great time to learn and ask. They want you to be compliant. Relax.... It's not a big deal and a learning experience

86scotty and RunningAces Thank this.
  7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It is not even any shortcoming. That's exactly the type of evidence they want. I am not sure why they would even want it anyway, since you're with Keep Truckin and the logs cannot be edited if you sent them the output file.
    These first entrant audits are about educating, not busting. Maybe except when you would not have any drug consortium to show or your other safety stuff would be in some egregious state of non compliance.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    RunningAces Thanks this.
  8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    If you do IFTA on Keep trucking you can just download the info from that area. I did that and they had no complaints.

RunningAces Thanks this.
  9. RunningAces

Jul 2, 2017
    I do and I will add it to the upload list. Thanks!

Siinman Thanks this.
  10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    To add to Joes' awesome list, I did this after one year of constantly being surprised by bills.

Make yourself a calendar on a piece of paper. Just list the 12 months. Go back through your records since you started (you'll only have to do this one time) and see how much you paid for each of all of the fees we have and see when you paid them. They don't change all that much.

Add them to the calendar. Mine is just a piece of notebook paper hand written and I reference it about every month. Super easy to see when you've got big fees/bills coming up.

IRP
    IFTA quarterlies
    UCR
    parking
    income tax quarterlies
    etc.
    etc.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  11. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Quickbooks is my friend. Ha Ha

86scotty Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.