Owner Operator drug training? Is this a real thing?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by nikmirbre, Dec 8, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Sure, YOU know the miles but your state isn't going to take your word for it. Not only that; but how are you even accurately filing your quarterly IFTA reports? I assure you, your state will want either verifiable GPS data showing your tracks or accurate odometer readings that coincide with your fuel receipts.

LameMule, Rideandrepair and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @Mattflat362 and a few others, idk why I cant pull up the names PE_trans or something like that....might have some input about mileage

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    U dont need it , as far as i know you should be in the random drug program . They all looking for your money

nikmirbre and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    You don't need it if you work for yourself only.

nikmirbre and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    You might be audited soon.

I got my first audit after three months! It was during the Pandemic too. I passed. Everything was good. But I was shocked I would be audited so soon. You might want to buy OOIDA membership just for the first year. So, they can check if you have everything ready for your first audit. It's cheap. And well worth it first year with any questions you might have to be compliant. GOOD LUCK!

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve been audited twice by DOT. First time was a friendly New Carrier audit, designed to help make sure I was compliant. Second one was after an accident. They sent a list of what was needed. Both went very good. IFTA audited Me a few mos back. They wanted mileage readings entering and leaving States. No mileage reporting required for fueling. They only audited one quarter. Q1 2020. No big deal. More of a hassle than anything.

Mattflat362, nikmirbre and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    That's your new entrant safety audit. They just wanted to see you dot your I's and cross your T's

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yes im a member already.

10. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    First audit usually pretty light and as others mentioned its pretty friendly just to help you out to be compliant , even if any violations - just slap on the wrist . ... within 6-9 months or so , after that only if you raise red flags in their system i believe :)

11. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I just gave them everything they asked for and made note of anything I was doing wrong if anything.

I never ever look at my odometer and they were OK with that.

I use google maps for every trip. I email myself a link to the route so I can easily access and open it on any device when I am the road. (Laptop, tablet, phone).

But I use truckrouter for all of my official numbers. For every trip I log in and run the zip codes and then click "run trip" and then click "state mileage". I then print that page for every trip I run. I keep real paper receipts with my truck number and company name on them and I keep them forever. I let her know all of this in the pre questionnaire thingy.

Even with a few mistakes I was making they owed me money.

Early on I had been not reporting toll road mileage because I thought that was the correct way. My audit girl understood this and factored it all in.

I made it clear that at some point I came to the realization that ALL miles are recorded for IFTA and I let her know that too and that I was doing it properly moving forward.

Speed_Drums, brian991219 and nikmirbre Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.