Owner Operator drug training? Is this a real thing?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by nikmirbre, Dec 8, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    If you didn't give them GPS data, they would have wanted odometer readings. It's the same in every state since to be part of the Agreement all states must follow the same exact rules.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I ordered me a GPS that I believe keeps miles for every state......in the mean time Im gonna use truck router.....

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @Mattflat362 Do you prepare trip sheets/reports for each trip or do you use truck router for that?

5. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Since this thread has shifted to IFTA reports and audits, here is a link some may find useful. It will take you to the IFTA Procedures and IFTA Audit manual webpage where you can download the actual manuals they use to train and prepare for audits.

https://www.iftach.org/manual2020.php

As for odometer readings and actual routes, yes they are supposed to be recorded however, IFTA will accept computer generated routing and mileages, just make sure your software or gps/telematics device (including ELDs) record with the accuracy required by IFTA. Not all ELDs will accurately record location, routing and mileage while off-duty which is a problem because all miles, not just on-duty, must be reported for IRP and IFTA purposes. The offcial mileage software used by the IFTA Board is ProMiles with an option for PCMiler.

ProfessionalNoticer and nikmirbre Thank this.
  6. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC

Yea I suppose if I used an ELD that'd be a lot easier. But, im gonna start using the Truck Router site, until my GPS comes in

7. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @brian991219 is Pro Miles an app? Or computer software?

8. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    My "State mileage" print out from truckrouter is my trip sheet....along with fuel receipts, BOL, etc. It is all just always together forever and ever.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  9. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
  10. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    Be honest, did anyone else think from reading the thread title, this was asking about how to get away with taking drugs as a driver, hence taking a course on drugs?

I was like WTF, that is so wrong. Then i read a few posts, but that title, wow.

nikmirbre and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I actually took drugs while trying to read it because it mentioned owner operator and drugs. I thought maybe I wasn’t doing something right so I got on top of it.

does anybody know a company that will accept a DUI offense even if it was their own truck? LOL

Pamela1990 and nikmirbre Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.