Owner Operator Looking For New Company

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Gibraltar, Dec 4, 2018.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    since you’re in Sask, have you looked into Hardline Transport? Reefer outfit with all new Pete’s?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Yep your right. Thought bison bought them. My bad.

not4hire Thanks this.
  4. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    I got searcy and Kleysen mixed up.

not4hire Thanks this.
  5. Tibs pete

Tibs pete Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Saskatoon sk
    I dont really want to go back to being a company guy but I'll take a look at them and see what i think.
    Anyone heard of JP trucking? Guess theyre a good reefer outfit to work for as well.

6. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    No idea about JP, but Hardline and TriVee both hire O/O's.

7. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I’m 100 % independent O/O. I work 10-15 days in a month and make ( gross) more than that . I don’t know what to tell you and I don’t understand why can someone buy a truck and pay to work blindly, under someone’s authority .
    Is like rent or buy a place , go thru all the headaches to open up your store , and wait for Walmart to supply you with their products and prices and rules and everything.
    Can some explain that, logically!

401-Alex Thanks this.
  8. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Easy, Customers and Insurance.

Trying to get loads as a 1 truck 1 trailer operation since October 2018, next to impossible. Insurance is the same deal, new authority, that will be 25K up front please.

Established trucking companies are going under daily up here, over these two things. I'm jumping back with one of the biggest reefer companies, cause 2 LTL van companies I was with, each in operation for 40+ years, literally ran out of work and their insurance quadrupled.

I know lots of guys with their own authority and trailer(s), and at year end, net to net income, we're pretty #### close in revenue. (i'm power only leased on).

Mind you i'm based in Western Canada, so no idea about Ontario and how it works out there.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  9. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Here is Ontario in a nutshell. automotive sector a little while ago started whining about rates. One of them saying they can only afford $1.00/mile because they built #### vehicles for the last 2 decades. None of them have enough brains to figure out what parts they need until the shelves are empty and then it is the trucking company's fault when the line is down and fine the carrier ridiculous amounts.
    On the trucking company side, one bottom feeding POS went around and under cut everyones rate by half partly to win back the lanes they lost due to incompetence. Suddenly everyone forgot why they hired other carriers.

Before Xmas I talked with a small company that does mostly LTL to the 3 I states and Wis. they had work and no problem keeping everyone as busy as they wanted to be.

I don't think I would want to be starting out with a new authority right now. Not until insurance gets under control and that won't happen until we get these boneheads out here to stop running into everything.

I thought insurance out west was public insurance, how does that work for trucks? Are insurance rates out of control there too? @BigHossCummins

10. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    A-lot has happened from Dec 26th till Jan 25th, so I doubt the LTL OTR company still has work.

Insurance in BC is public, Alberta Private, Sask Public, Manitoba Public. BC is the most expensive in Canada, Alberta is Skyrocketing but still cheaper than BC and Sask, Sask is set match BC this year, Manitoba is sill the cheapest; but for how long who knows (its already going up).

mudflap77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.