owner operator teams

Discussion in 'CRST' started by ThE LoNg HaUl, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ThE LoNg HaUl

ThE LoNg HaUl Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    I have my own truck my wife and me are going to lease with crst can somebody tell me how teams are doing thanks you for your help

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. psschu

psschu Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    My experience is with CRST is back in 1997. My husband and I chose them as we live in Cedar Rapids, and I was a new driver. He had been leased to Crete, but they wouldn't let me drive. First of all, let me say that my husband (20+ experience back then) taught me to drive for 8 months on every road, terrain, and traffic situation a driver is faced with, before I went to school... instructors dream student. Okay, now the CRST part. Of course, orientation is great, great impression, said all the things you would want to hear...we asked the questions...blah, blah, blah, all good. The first couple weeks out were great. Goods loads, loads planned timely, etc. After that, down hill, as in off a cliff. For instance, unload in Cal...wait at receiver (off property, as they are done with you now go) on side of road in basically a residential area as the receiver was tucked away in that kind of area. CRST says they'd get back with you in 20 min...so we wait, as the nearest truck stop (or any place you can get by with parking your truck and waiting) was either 60 miles north or south. An hour goes by, nothing. You qualcom, hey we're waiting...anything...an idea which direction to head...something? We make the decision to go south (60 miles) to the nearest stop after waitng 3 hours. Didn't hear form CRST till morning. The load planners had nothing for us the day prior and the dispatchers were not going to tell us that. We ended up with an additional 120 mi deadhead as we chose the wrong direction to park for the night. CRST and "hot loads", hurry up and get it there to wait and wait and wait. Dispatchers are a turnover employees relaying what the "load planners" plan, or not plan (that..they don't relay). My biggest beef was "just tell me" good or bad, I'll plan my time accordingly...get a shower, do laundry, have a nice sit down meal and good night sleep... instead of wating around for nothing. In most recent days, CRST has had dispatchers ride along with truckers to experience what they are going through...nice attempt with bad results. CRST is too big to care for all their drivers. As an independent, you're the bottom feeder...they have trucks with drivers to keep moving as they pay for their fuel sitting to stay cool or warm. I could go on and on with other suck ### situations with CRST. There are too many other companies for team drivers that care. CRST is a bad move, but a good learning experience if you're into researching for yourself. In closing, they may treat those who brown nose better; However, we have a business to run and our time is valuable. We understand trucking and don't expect gravy runs, perfect timetables, etc...but lie to me, lie to me, and avoid me over and over? We gave them 6 months...4 months too long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.