Ozark gives all drivers another raise

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BrandonCDLdriver, Apr 21, 2018.

1. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    We just got a 3 cent per mile raise last year in July. It's just been announced that we are getting another 2 cent per mile raise, so new drivers with zero experience will be starting at 43cpm. That does not include the standard 1 cpm raise that you get annually for 8 years.

My only complaint with these people thus far is that sometimes you get caught up in a "short haul" tornado that you can't seem to get out of without calling the fleet manager. Which I'm about to do.

bryan21384 and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    They keep you running pretty good?

4. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    For the most part, yes. But sometimes things get a little whackadoodle and you get low on miles. The fleet managers beg you to call them and let them know immediately and they'll get it straightened out. So its not like they don't care. They really do. It's not a bad company to work for, really. It's not perfect, but from what I hear about other companies, this one isn't bad.

Digger130, Lonesome and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  5. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    everyone is going to start paying better ... my revenue is up at least 50 cents a mile and no sign of the rates Goin down ..... has not increased in march and April but isn't going down .. so the company's starting to make some serious money and most ,including me would like to add trucks but hard to find any drivers let alone good drivers so the company's are going to have to compete for drivers more than have had too

mushroom1464 Thanks this.
  6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    You know turnover is getting bad when they keep throwing raises out.

7. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Everyone is giving raises. It’s not s sign of a bad company. If anything, I would be looking at why I’m not if I wasn’t.

8. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    A nice update. On Jan 1 of 2019 we all got ANOTHER 2cpm raise for everyone except trainees.

Texas_hwy_287 and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    rates are down a little bit but staying steady and still good for winter they are calling for rates to remain they are for the rest of year which is ok , contract rates are going up though mostly to catch up with spot market rates. .. if company wants to add trucks they will have to decide to pay more the problem for companies is its really hard or next to impossible to lower wages if the rates come down for an extended period ( recession ) if you are working for a company that didn't have record or near record profits last year they won't be around much longer lol .... there really isn't a driver shortage however there is a shortage of drivers who work cheap

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.