Ozone Generator - to clean the GERMS out of your Truck >

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JerryD13, May 15, 2022.

1. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    Clearly the dentist office isn’t ventilating the ozone

ozone works , but you shouldn’t breathe it

same as Lysol or Clorox or mr clean etc
    They work but shouldn’t be consumed

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Ozone is the number one destroyer of rubber and plastic. It is what causes tires, door, and window gaskets, and vinyl to dry rot. Adding more of that to the all plastic interior of a vehicle is sketchy.

4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Cigarette smoke gets where it cant be cleaned. It goes behind everything you can clean. You cant get behind panels, upholstery ect. The sun will bake the smell back out.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Nothing to worry about in my case then.
    I smoke a pipe.

mtoo Thanks this.
  6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I’d rather smell that.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Cheaper to just roll down the windows.

tscottme and TruckDriversDaughter Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Ozone occurs naturally from lightning. After a good rain storm, that fresh smell in the air is ozone. Good time to open up all the windows. They claim the machines work good. Too much treatment will deteriorate plastics, and fabrics. A good shocking with a powerful ozone generator for a few hrs., maybe half a day won’t hurt anything. Hold your breath, open all windows, let everything air out good, before occupying a house or vehicle.

9. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    True

and also true that everyone that drinks water , dies .

Water is bad for you I guess ?

a commercial grade ozone generator is the best way to get rid of smells that are soaked into materials .
    But again , it shouldn’t be breathed in.

10. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    All aircraft that fly above certain altitudes have been required to have ozone converters for quite some time. Some call them ozone scrubbers as they reduce the amount of ozone crew and passengers breath at certain altitudes. Apparently ozone has some detrimental effects.
    But something like this would be great being used like this to help clean and sanitize as long as you aren’t laying around in it. I wonder how many people have these and use them all the time not knowing the possible effects.

When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections.

https://www.faa.gov/data_research/research/med_humanfacs/cer/media/OzoneRisks.pdf

11. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    It amazes me how many people dont understand how to properly and thoroughly clean.

Dirt/food particles/moisture gets into and under all the surfaces in our trucks. They permeate and will cause smells for a long time. The only way to get all of this out is to disassemble and clean all the surfaces. This means pulling seats, carpet/rubber flooring, panels, etc. Scrub the metal flooring, the doors and everything else. Pressure washing the carpet/flooring after soaking it in cleaner is the only way it will come clean.

This isn't a quick process. Usually a 2 day job to remove clean and reinstall everything. Carpet needs time to hang and dry in sunlight as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.