P&D and Customers(rants and funny stories).

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by snowlauncher, Oct 1, 2019.

1. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Makes me glad I don't have to deal with big city life, trucking, or otherwise....
    Born and raised in a small town . Boring lifestyle... Suits me just fine. I don't mind visiting the big cities, but I'm good where I'm at.;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I had to go to SEPTA headquarters to get qualified on some of their track, whle I was there they tried to recruit me to hire with them, really leaned on me.

Wonder why they couldn't keep train crews, even in the 90s.

4. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Back when I was at US Foods, I once had to deliver to a youth correctional facility, located deep inside a state park in a rural area. The address was not helpful and I couldn’t figure out which building it was from looking at google maps. I ended up calling them and asking for directions and a description of the building. A very nice lady told me exactly what turns to make and what road to follow, and she helped me find the building on google maps so I could drop a pin on it.

Unfortunately, I made a wrong turn immediately, and went down a road that was right before the park entrance. I realized a few miles in that I had made a mistake when I saw a cross street ahead, just on the other side of a very NOT level railroad crossing. I pulled over to check the map and found an alternate way in, and some county workers happened to drive up and were able to confirm that I should be able to get there from this other way. I crawled over that railroad crossing as slow as possible because it was so high up that the landing gear could have caught on it. I probably wouldn’t have made it with anything longer than the 28’ pup I was pulling.

Anyways I made it to the entrance at the other side of the park and finally had a smooth ride in after being lost for a good 20 minutes. It turns out it’s a good thing I got lost, because if I had followed the directions correctly, I would have encountered a 12’6 bridge where those same railroad tracks run through the park. The only way out would have been to reverse for 2 miles through the narrow, winding road.

5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    So I get to a residential we called and set up that very morning, and no one is there but two barking dogs. Give the guy a call:

GP: "Hey there, this is Gearjammin' Penguin with your delivery--where are ya?"

Customer: "Oh...I have to be there?"

head meets steering wheel

Yes, you have to be there. That's the whole purpose of an appointment!! How the heck do these people survive to adulthood?

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I remember a connecticut grocer gaurd telling me in voice of god terms that Im 12 minutes late. Out. Come back with new appt next week.

Hell was raised and eventually they took the load. But made sure it was the last time i would go into that place. You can get anywhere in that tiny state within 3 hours and they obsess over 12 minutes. Sheesh.

In those days when the dispatcher was on phone to customer which ever end of the phone has the most profanity usually got their way.

7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @x1Heavy security guard was fussing for 12 minutes geez, i thought customers still give you a 15mins window after your appointment.:rolleyes:

8. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Shoot walmart will give you an hour past appt

Captain Mudsocks and snowlauncher Thank this.
  9. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @keebler13579 When I was a regional driver I got sent to a Walmart DC in opelusas, Louisiana and showed up 5 minutes before my appointment time. I was told by walmart personnel at the gate that I was too early :mad: and needed to go out the gate and come back so I could make the appointment time.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Great. Another reason why walmart sucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.