P&D and Customers(rants and funny stories).

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by snowlauncher, Oct 1, 2019.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    One Saturday on a memorial day weekend about 3 or 4 years ago I had to take a load of conveyor chain to the Perdue plant in Accomack VA. That’s our interline carrier’s territory and further than we usually run, but Perdue was paying that contractor big bucks to work through the weekend and install that stuff since the plant was completely shut down.

One day last year a guaranteed shipment that should’ve went to the Hagerstown terminal came to ours instead. That necessitated sending a straight truck clear out to Cumberland to make that delivery.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Some customers turn into real d-bags when they find out that the driver requires a signature for the delivery....
    Just recently a CSR at my barn was trying to reach a residential customer that we had attempted once already. When she finally got him, he said "just drop it off in my driveway". She explained to him that it requires a signature and he gets all sorts of huffy. " I'm busy! How am I supposed to meet the driver?!"
    This guy is trying to make it sound like it's our problem that he can't take the time to receive HIS freight.
    The CSR was a lot nicer than most of us drivers would be(bless her heart). She gave him the option of picking it up at our dock, and he complained that it was to far out of his way.
    Finally, she arranged a letter of authorization with him so we could drop it without him signing.... I drove the truck up alongside his house and tossed the crate out into his driveway, DONE! ;););)

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Like this? :biggrin_25523:

Video Catches FedEx Driver Tossing Package at Front Door

5. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Haha! It's funny how people in this vid are just appalled, and can't believe that a delivery driver could have a bad day and toss a box around! Those Fed ex drivers are micromanaged so bad on their delivery route that they can't even stop to pee. I don't blame the guy for chucking the package.

6. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Having a bad day doesn't give someone the right to damage a customer's property.

speedyk and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Someone told them it would be fun.:D 20191024_121850.jpg

8. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    My comment was meant to be humorous, just like most of the posts on this thread. Though most of it is true, I do tend to embellish a little with sarcasm.

9. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I was working nights and had a sign on the door to please not knock. Guy in a brown truck pounded on my door like a drummer, apparently thinking he was funny. Same driver never even knocked lightly when there wasn't a note.

Out where I lived they would have never found his body before the ravens did.

Being an a-hole is being an a-hole, on both sides. Some people will turn a bad moment into a bad whole day and spread it around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.