P&D and Customers(rants and funny stories).

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by snowlauncher, Oct 1, 2019.

1. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Speaking of forklifts...
    A co-worker of mine was dispatched to a local Walmart to pick up a forklift that they had to ship to another location. After he got back to the terminal, the outbound dock worker needed to move it into to another trailer. One problem... NO KEYS!!!:confused:

Dispatch calls the store, turns out the manager who drove it onto the trailer took the key out because it was on his keychain with his set of store keys. Dispatch tells them they can't ship it out with no key, but the manager says he can't give up the key.
    I guess they ended up bringing a duplicate by the terminal and eventually it got shipped out.:rolleyes:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes I recall the yelling on the forklift. Be louder please, I cannot hear you. Oh that. You need better forklift people.

That usually earned me a boot. Dispatcher would ask me wtf happened in there? Don't you know already? Its a forklift skill from long ago in a different life. When they say Im not allowed back there, I say great. One less problem and loss of time all around. Not to mention no miles for a given week losing that kind of time waiting on them.

4. Rusty Trombone

Rusty Trombone Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Nursing homes are worse than all of them combined.

5. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    There is a big fertilizer processing plant in my town that our drivers frequent... One of the security guards is a real arrogant, smart alecky S.O.B.
    The first time anyone visits the plant, they require you to sit through a 15 minute safety video before they let you in...
    My first visit there, the guard asks me; "have you been here before?" I replied "oh yea, lots of times." He looks at me suspiciously, trying to recognize me. He asks, "then I guess you know where to go for recieving?" "Sure!" I replied...
    Drove around in the back of the facility for about 15 minutes trying to find where they do the recieving.:rolleyes:
    I didn't save any time, but at least I got out of a boring safety training video.
    :biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I used to have a lil strip mall on my route with a Panera bread in it. I used to tell people all the time that there were free Shirley Temples at Panera bread today, I got quite a few people to go in there and ask lol. I'm not sure what made me think of Shirley Temples but it worked lol.

7. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I don't know how you all put up with it, lol. I had my hand at food delivery for a whole 3 weeks before realizing I couldn't deal with all the BS. Then ran linehaul for a while and would hear all the daytime drivers' crazy stories from their shifts. I run fuel now and get frustrated when people actually take a minute to double check my paperwork instead of just blindly signing like most places haha. Much respect for what you all do, and love these stories haha!

8. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I have a question to my fellow LTL drivers, has it happened to any of yall whenever yall arrive to a customer and sometimes the customer approaches your truck and attempts to open your passenger or driver door. If so what did yall say? :rolleyes:

x1Heavy, snowlauncher and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I kicked a guy in chest once for that.

10. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    :D:D:D @FlaSwampRat oh man im cracking up... I would of love to see that dudes face after that hit.

FlaSwampRat and snowlauncher Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    “What do you think you’re doing?” o_O

If the guy’s a prick a four letter word gets inserted.

FlaSwampRat and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.