P&S Transport - Anybody have any information about this company?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by top gun, Sep 5, 2011.

1. jinixbeans

jinixbeans Bobtail Member

May 4, 2012
    going long i also live in maryland just outside of baltimore,would like to speak with u about what they told you to see if it is the same......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jinixbeans

jinixbeans Bobtail Member

May 4, 2012
    i am suppose to leave on the 28th of may to go down there and start employment

4. Going Long

Going Long Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland

Shot you an PM,give me a shout and I'll tell you what I know.

5. stratmaster5

stratmaster5 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    For all of you going to P&S please read and do exactly what I say. The first morning when you are eating breakfast at the hotel. DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE!!! You will find out why when you go to class. Trust me. Other then that cool beans.

6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    What ?? Makes no sense. Why would you not speak with any one.

7. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

He probably thinks there is a spy among them.

8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40

My guess is it's the guy thats clean shaved and the button down shirt.
    He just does not look tired enough.

Going Long Thanks this.
  9. Going Long

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Jinxbeans beat me to orientation..on my way sunday.

I'll try to keep my mouth shut at the hotel..who knows who is watching you:biggrin_2554:

It's a conspiracy I tell you!!

10. Going Long

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Back from orientation..which has mixed reviews.

We had alot of people in our class(20)..which made things slow.

Of course there is ALWAYS some guy who knows all and done it all..and wont shut up..annoying and eats up time.
    When this guy opened his mouth you just wanted to stab him in the brain..or gouge your eardrums out with an inkpen.

1st day: Agility/strength test,followed by drug test/physical..easy stuff but time consuming(all day).
    They gave us(rehire guy doing the driving) money to eat lunch..but when we split up to do physical some of us were hosed..aka no lunch..yeah I was hungry..LOL!

2nd day classroom..rules and regs that P&S wants you to follow..standard stuff.
    Lunch was from some mom and pop place(VERY GOOD).

3rd day check out of motel..more rules/regs..followed by securement overview,some hands on in the yard to make sure everyone is on the same page.
    Waiting for drug test results to come back,mine came in with just about everyone else's..3 guys didn't(more on that later)..1 guy flew to Ohio to get a abandoned truck.
    We were supposed to be issued trucks and loads and on our way..didn't happen,back to the motel.
    Lunch was KFC..if you went hungry it was your fault..plenty for all..yep I was full.

4th day..Checked out of motel..I had to go get my truck(3 of us total) was at the dealer(nope not a new truck but I'm cool with it).
    Sitting around all day doing nothing,waiting and waiting for something to happen,there was some kind of mix up with maintenance getting trucks prepped..ok I understand that..how come no-one thought to start on wednesday? 2 guys got loads out(bless them!)
    Lunch..pizza from dominos..as we were at the dealer we arrived late to eat..so pizza was being warmed by the bright alabama sun..uh huh good it wasn't,but it was there.
    Back to motel.

5th day..Checked out of motel..arrived at yard at 7am and started prepping my own truck when maintenance arrived at 9am..hey no problem as long as I am on the road,I would do whatever it takes..not complaining just frustrated!
    Lunch was catered,didn't eat..too busy prepping.
    On to shipper and rolling North by late afternoon..showed a Melton guy how to do it at shipper..he must've been a rookie cause he took a long time securing..so long a Melton van showed up to see what was going on..I didn't realize Melton had a yard close by..what do i know I'm the from the Northeast.

So there you have brief breakdown of my experience with P&S orientation.
    Food at Hotel was horrible and the service worse..but it was free(breakfast/Dinner).
    Class could've run a bit smoother but hey it's all good.
    Most of the staff were friendly(not all)..they explained exactly what is expected of you,answered your questions and made sure you had all the info needed to do what you have to do.
    Actually had fun at times with the group I was with(driving in the mexican van..oh yeah!)..we had one guy who was sent home..entertaining bit of info there.

The load I was given home paid very well..all worth the BS I had to put up with all week.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

Shout out to following: Todd,Jon "Big Money",Lynn,Greg,Dennis,Wayne and Michael.
    Special thanks to Lorenzo,thanks for showing me some securement techniques I hadn't seen.

Beers for all in class who ever get up here to the big traffic jam!!

More to come in the following days/weeks..we'll see how it pans out.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. Going Long

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Well 1st week is in the books,not a great one but that's to be expected..growing pains I hope.

I'm supposed to be a Northeast guy but was kicked out of my stomping grounds..it's cool though I don't mind.

Ran hard from the NE to the midwest to down south..loads were ok paying..better paying coming back home to the northeast.

Had trouble with a the trailer I was hauling,nothing major just time lost due to another driver not paying attention to things..again to be expected.

Met a few guys hauling for BOYD,good all around people and glad to have met them.

All around it was a ok week,this week should be intresting as now I'm marked for the NE region..I'll let you all know how things go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.