1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Personally, I think that I'd drive a school bus before I worked for Trans Am.

Read their threads first, IMO.

Ktucker17 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Actually now that I think about it , it was the conviction date .
    Got mine in Nebraska.

ZVar and Ktucker17 Thank this.
  4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Think about it though, two years post DUI is really not that much time. I knew a guy who couldn’t get a driving job for a minor rear end collision. Took him three years from the date of the accident. Only did $900 in damages too and none to his vehicle and wasn’t even in a truck! A DUI is considered the kiss of death of violations. Worse than a hot drug test.

And trust me I know it’s not fair. Most people who drive over the legal limit don’t get caught. Mini do it for years and years even decades or even a lifetime and get away with it. Some guy had one too many glasses of wine at dinner with his wife and he’s the one that gets the DUI. For being slightly above. But this is the way the industry evaluates it. The reason is, if you go out and get in an accident and it turns out you’re intoxicated and have been drinking, that company could be on the hook for millions. They don’t want the risk. Alcoholics will risk driving drunk. They do it all the time.

TokyoJoe and bzinger Thank this.
  5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Hate to say it OP but when I got mine I had 15 years in with no accidents and a spotless mvr ...that was 20 years ago and nobody would touch me for 3 years after ...and the choices then were slim .

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  6. Ktucker17

Ktucker17 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Philadelphia
    I completely understand the logic behind it and agree with it. Since this really feels like what I'm supposed to be doing with my career it did feel like a kiss of death.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Wish you well ! and it's a dam tough lesson that will haunt you for a long time .
    I'm still paying off the back child support from the loss of income , along with the interest.

Ktucker17 Thanks this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    And it will never come off your state motor vehicle record .......

Don’t ask me how I know this......

Ktucker17 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep been licensed in iowa , Missouri and back to Nebraska since ...still there !
    As another poster said : some people don't give a shat and keep right on doing it but ya can't tell em anything, I have a lifelong friend that's on number 4 and still drinks and drives ..and works for a trucking company lol. .on the dock and hel be broke till the day he dies or goes to prison for killing someone.

10. Ktucker17

Ktucker17 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Philadelphia
    I've had family friends in the industry say the same thing. I had/have no intention of using substances with a CDL but especially after the DUI I wouldn't dare risk that all over again

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I wasnt referring to you and I'm sure your eyes are wide open as mine were 20 years ago , I still drink but I just dont drink and drive anymore.
    Some people dont get that thru they're head .

Ktucker17 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.