pa putting ban on all commercial vehicals again

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by jbob1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. jbob1

jbob1 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Sorry for this rant but I'm realyy getting tired of pa banning trucks at the simple threat of snow, They're starting a full ban on trucks at 3:00 pm this afternoon for most major highways on eastern side of the state. I got a delivery tomorrow morning in jersey and now who knows when I'll be able to get there so rescheduling is going to be next to impossible, and with elogs forced down our throats if I can get there in the morning I'll have to deal with a screwy time frame for the next couple of days to try and keep making money. I really would like to know who's behind this whole "ban the trucks in bad weather" scenario cause its really a pain in the ###,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I'm sorry for your pain and aggravation... I have one simple solution...... don't go to Pennsylvania...

Lite bug, Opus, rabbiporkchop and 3 others Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It's more than a threat of snow in that of PA. They are talking up to 6 inches. They don't want to clean up overturned semis. You and I can drive in inclement weather but there are too many people who don't respect the conditions. At least they are trying to protect motorists. I can't be mad at that

5. jbob1

jbob1 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Kinda of hard when U live right in the middle of the state lol. I realize that there are more and more idiots out there that cant drive when the roads are fine let alone 6in of snow, but it seems to me penndot just doesn't even want to make the effort to keep the roads driveable, it sure is a shame when we pay the highest fuel tax in the country and they cant plow the highways, where's all that tax money going? I think if they're going to ban all trucks then they should ban cars too, then people would howl bloody murder

6. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    It's the smart thing to do. I rather stay off the roads and let them clean the roads. Car & trucks will be off the roads. Let's be safe and smart. It's not like what we have on the back of the trailer is a matter of life & death. Enjoy another day of rest & relaxation considering the average worker works for 40 years.

misterG, 88228822 and bzinger Thank this.
  7. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    In Alaska where I live if they banned tractor trailer every time it snowed a couple of inches there would be a lot of empty stores.
    image.jpg

Thompson pass, Alaska. Now that's snow.

8. jbob1

jbob1 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    I don't know maybe its just me but 6in of snow aint that much to deal with, i'll say it again ban all vehical traffic if they think its so dangerous and its its all about safety

9. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Yeah It is pretty rediculous

fss99701 Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The primary targets with this may be the LTL carriers pulling doubles, since these get stuck in snow fairly easily.

Farmerbob1 and Coover Thank this.
  11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Omg ... live with it .... this is too funny.

the state is looking at the looming snow as a disaster in the making and doesn’t consider the super truckers when they see huge pileups on their roads with hours of investigation and injured people, yeah I agree people can not drive when there is a little snow out, hell even here a half inch and they panic like it is a foot.

For what it’s worth, I have several trucks not moving because of this and the drivers don’t seem to act as if the worlds going to end. Reschedule the delivery and pickups because it is possible, and enjoy the time off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.