pa putting ban on all commercial vehicals again

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by jbob1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    What did he say?

PA can save money by not plowing the roads while they fine trucks for violating the ban, all while charging the highest fuel tax in North America and stealing turnpike toll money to fund mass transit projects. The PA turnpike is 11 billion in debt and staring bankruptcy in the face. PA is a bunch of thieves and that’s all there is to these bans

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    stillwurkin, BCV, Blackshack46 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    I generally avoid PA as a principle. Great money going in but no money coming out most of the time.

4. yotaman

yotaman Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    MA

5. yotaman

yotaman Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    MA
    Not to mention the screaming and hollering of local residents when their commute is delayed. Give me a break, maybe if most of them inconsiderate s.o.b s would have more respect for a big rig and stop cutting us off things would go alot smoother.

stillwurkin and brsims Thank this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Is this ban over? What is the best website to get updates?

I don’t recall all of these bans in previous years. If they keep shutting things down then nobody will want to go there and rates will climb big time in the winter.

I’m surprised so many of you are ok with bans over 6 inches. That’s ridiculous. I’d rather decide for myself whether to roll or not. I hate when people make rules or regulations that dictate to me what I have to do. It costs me a ton of money to have trucks sitting, 1 lost day can ruin a weeks profit or severely hinder it. I’m in this business to make money, not waste time. People have to take responsibility for actions vs being ok with Gov telling you what you have to do because your deemed too stupid to make the right decision.

7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    The ban was lifted this AM. The link was posted earlier in this thread.

8. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    19F796CF-5DBF-4338-A4E5-2A0F49FA09C6.jpeg I-81 Sure am glad it’s not in Pennsylvania

Omega1 Thanks this.
  9. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Absolutely incredible the amount of work a city will put into removing the snow.

I did not watch the whole video, lots of skipping. But 50.13 and all the equipment rolling to the job site. Come on PA, you cant even get a single plow truck to do their job.

10. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I understand... gov't tells me when to take a break, now when i can drive in snow. Times are changing my friend. Now i hear the Pa pike is broke. Next?

11. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Hated Pa in the first place. Now way too risky with all of the repeat closures. Life is to short to be sitting around waisting your life away. Scratched Pa off my list.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.