Paccar rumored to delete emissions because of parts shortages

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Cat sdp, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Doesn’t anyone get that these diesel emissions systems are actually not needed?

we don’t have the diesel particulate problems here as they have had in Europe where they are living in compact cities, choking and killing people.

JoeyJunk, Oxbow, Trucker61016 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    My last one the dealership was told Chillicothe or I’m not taking delivery of it…….will never have a vehicle who’s final assembly is Mexico.

I’m really sick of the laws being changed on the fly for corporations but small businesses can suck it up……

sorry for the #####yness…….

4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Just like u joints and slip yokes. You can’t order at least western star or Freightliner a serviceable drive line. They are lube for life. Reason they say, they are as good as serviceable ones.
    I disagree it’s called planned obsolescence. But fleets want it so they only stock one kind of driveline.
    Have to fight to get serviceable shackle pins as well. I am with you though. #### engineering ########

Speed_Drums, Trucker61016 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  5. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Things not to rosie in Chillicothe. Kenworth in Chillicothe announces 350 layoffs
    Boss man was ordering some tractors earlier this month but were kicked back due to current production halt. Rumor is 2022 each dealer will get allotments on build numbers.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    This is almost like the Denton strike in the late 90’s when Peterbilt’s were 18 months out.

7. petefan4000

petefan4000 Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Michigan
    That's the law of diminishing returns at its finest. It should be EASILY apparent to anyone who knows anything about EGR's and DPF's and how they work that their "health benefits" are minimal in anywhere that isn't extremely crowded, and are going to be largely outweighed by the complexity, (potential) unreliability, and inefficiency. But of course the tree-huggers are gonna make a big deal out of it and pretend like the world's gonna end.

My message to them? "Get over it, people."

D.Tibbitt, JoeyJunk and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  8. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    I totally agree with what you’re saying sir. You cannot compare the work a Commercial truck does to a Honda Civic (tree hugger car). I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a whole bunch of Honda Civic’s lined up pulling a 44,000 pound load they would produce more emissions than a diesel

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Hmmm, it'd be cool seeing some W990s or Pete 567 rolling coal, even if only briefly.....its just not right seeing nothing coming out the stacks on the new Paccars...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well this only benefits the manufacturer, so don’t buy their products.

11. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    A little more detail on UQS "delete". Doesn't matter whose truck it is, if has a verified failed sensor information about chassis will be sent to a dedicated Paccar site. Paccar will make needed changes to software. Software updated and no more derate for UQS. List is shared with EPA, CARB, etc. Parts become available you will be contacted to have part installed and software updated. Equal to all. Been reading about RV groups trying to get same kind of program going with little success. Shaw DEF Head Failures - Summary & Potential Workarounds - iRV2 Forums Hope this helps them.

Goodysnap, JoeyJunk, larry2903 and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.