Packing Heat on the Road.....

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bankrobba, Feb 14, 2011.

1. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    I have actually had a full blown DOT level 1 inspection with my firearm openly carried on my hip. I live in Utah and have a Utah Concealed weapons permit. The inspection took place in Utah which is an open carry state. In Utah it is not required to inform an officer you are carrying a weapon but I did so out of courtesy. He asked where it was, I told him, and that was the end of the discussion about it. I even got stickers. :biggrin_255:

@Ranger 309, California actually has a castle doctrine law. You are allowed to defend your home or any temporary residence or campsite. When parked for the night your truck actually qualifies as a temporary residence. You can have a handgun locked and loaded at that point.

Bankrobba and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billyj57

billyj57 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2010
    muncie indiana
    I've got an Indiana concealed permit, Been thru several Inspections with it, Some states ask if you have one and some dont, Never had a problem yet.

Bankrobba Thanks this.
  4. Bankrobba

Bankrobba Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Lubbock Texas
    They will be the one with the problem...... Ill worry bout the details later...

5. FalseMirage

FalseMirage Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2010
    The Lower 48
  6. billyj57

billyj57 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2010
    muncie indiana
    I've been inspected in Calif. and asked if i had a weapon and i said yes. But was informed that Calif. does'nt accept any permit but a Federal, Then he said its up to the Officer to enforce, If he see's no threat they sometimes over look it and chew on your ###.

7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Come on guys. This subject has been covered from front to back on a couple of postings. I statrted one on the Trucking Industry Regulations forum that received 1,335 replies on 134 papes along with 102,499 views. I'm sure whatever you're trying to find related to firmarms and trucks is in the posts.

8. Bankrobba

Bankrobba Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Lubbock Texas
    Did any keyboard tuffs jump you too...????...LOL... just funnin ya Gas ....I dont really take nothing personal on this puter....its mostly rather comical stuff to me.... Some folks try to act tuff on this puter that when in real life..... well you know the rest....its funny as all get out to see em act that way and thanks for your comment....Bankrobba

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  9. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    You have to be "in fear for your life," however, if the perp sees your weapon, and retreats, as fearful as you may be, you cannot shoot the dude. Lame

10. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    No but I get a kick out of them just the same. They're putting their life on the line when we're trained to give them the truck. Hell, we'll even start it and give them a fast course on how to drive! Then we just call the dispatch and say "give me another truck, mines been stolen".

Semper Fidelity and Bankrobba Thank this.
  11. billyj57

billyj57 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2010
    muncie indiana
    Out of 32 yrs running i've carried a weapon 28 years, I've never had to pull it and hope i never need too. After pulling a tour in The Peril of The Orient, I had my fair share of shooting and being shot at. People brag on pakin and brag alot, but until it really happens ya really never know whats going to happen until that momment. But companies have a no gun rule to cover thier butts and i cant blame them.

Bankrobba and Semper Fidelity Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.