Packing Heat on the Road.....

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bankrobba, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Semper Fidelity

Semper Fidelity Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    When I hauled fuel, the Pete had a kill switch in it. If someone wanted that truck, I would have hit the switch and baled and gotten out of range of his pea shooter.

Personally I would have preferred the switch Mad Max had on his Hiway Interceptor in Road Warrior. (POOM)!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Heat

White Heat Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Top of the World Ma..
    You're a grown man.Just be aware of the consequences should you get caught with a gun in the truck.In many places, especially on the east coast,you will be arrested and charged with a felony.The truck and load will be impounded.That should go over real good back at the company..

I guess you already know,using a commercial vehicle in the commision of a felony will disqualify you to hold a CDL..

Myself,I'd go with some bear spray..

4. INFALLIBLE1

INFALLIBLE1 Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Central, FL *ocala*
    lay off the liberal kool-aid man.

You are allowed by federal and state law to posses a firearm in every state in the U.S. There is no law limiting commercial vehicles either. So your wrong on all counts.

5. Bankrobba

Bankrobba Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Lubbock Texas
    The 2 times I pulled on the would be robbers.....they somehow knew I meant real bizzness...scared heck out of them too...I didnt feel like braggin....more like humbled and scared for my life....scaredest I ever been....and dang glad I had a gun.....

That said.... your right...carrying a weapon is for a last line of self defence not to bragg and a person better be ready to use it...if they pull it...luckely I was/will...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  6. DedHedEd

DedHedEd Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2010
    TulsaTown, OK.
    "why is it that truckers "feel the NEED" to carry...over any other occupation (other than police)....???

Ok, I'll give you my opinionated answer.

Do these other other occupations 'sleep on their jobsites? No. Only truckers. So, there is a 'self-defense' arguement.
    Besides that, never can tell when you need to make sure Politicians and their Mercenarys might try and take over the Constitution and they need to be 'put down', sort of like a rabid dog. That said, I suppose if a True Patriot of the Constitution felt like carrying, for whatever reason, he WILL carry. You can agree or not; I do hate seeing the 'pussification' of America, don't you?

My Second Amendment 'right' is worth more than any so-called Law of a State. I'll take my chances. Don't ask, don't tell.

How many times are you gonna get the total-truck searched in your career? But hey, I am supporter of Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms. Just sayin'.
    Do I carry? Do you need to know? There is only 1 way you are going to know. And I'm not talking if I do or don't carry.

Just understand if you are a Revolutionary against the Constitution of the United States you might be like a dinosaur about to be eliminated. I guess some people have a problem with that. Not my problem.

yeah, there are tons of threads about this. Man up. Do what ya gotta do. :biggrin_25515:

Bankrobba Thanks this.
  7. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I just bought a CZ-82 today to carry in my truck... will have it after the 48 hour waiting period is done.

I probably WON'T carry along the 1,000 rounds of FMJ i bought with it.

8. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Get off your high horse and take a chill pill already.

Nobody forces you to read them, nobody even with a gun. :biggrin_25512: Its a matter of something people feel the need to constantly talk about, get over it. In the same matter as hearing someone complain like you are just repeating what is already been posted before yourself on numerous internet web forums about search functions.

On the subject I don't carry myself and don't mind responsible law abiding folks carrying protection.

Bankrobba Thanks this.
  9. Bankrobba

Bankrobba Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Lubbock Texas
    I think this following qoute by the poster that you responded to purty much sums it up by making my point in just a few words....

"aren't lunatics EVERY WHERE and NO WHERE is safe..from them...???"

10. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    gun control does not work!!!!!

11. Ken

Ken Couch Commander

Oct 29, 2006
    Sure it does.. Without it I couldn't hit what I was aiming at.. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.