Page trucking or bones transportation

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by rhmc, Mar 10, 2017.

1. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Congrats if you can handle that tanker a dump will be a beeeze!! Don’t be in a hurry to dump!! Since you starting at the worse time for dumps like I did make sure you have plastic and a sprayer so you can limit product sticking in your bed!! As for bones as I’ve said publicly and privately I love bones as a company just wished the pay was closer to what I did pulling a flat!! Other than that I have nothing bad to say!!

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Thanks man. These are the things I'm going to have to learn.

4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Can’t speak for the other companies but Clint is pretty good about letting me know which companies allow you to spray the beds Walmart has rv antifreeze on sale right now at least in my area and it works pretty good!! I use a bag of salt on coke has worked so far can’t speak on those big money hazmat loads that page and us bulk hauls you may never need any of it but I would definitely check with your dispatcher once you get there

5. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Just to clarify, I'm not running dirty dirt. One of the loads is some sort of aluminum byproduct that is hazmat because if it gets wet it heats up. The other I think is crushed electronics, both of those should unload fairly easily I would think. As far as other loads I'm getting some more info tomorrow, but either way I will be taking your advice and getting a sprayer and antifreeze. Thanks again.

blade Thanks this.
  6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    If the aluminum can’t get wet and is loaded dry yes it should come out easy the electronics as well but if not plastic would be my bet to keep from sticking!! The aluminum shredded I haul usually still has some antifreeze from the presses they came off but since it’s mixed with water it freezes so I spray the non diluted to help ensure it slides out

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  7. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Do you spray it before they load the the box?

8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Yes mainly a thin film on the floor and about half way up the sides!! @NightWind had been doing end dump way longer than me he may be able to chime in on some tips I missed

NightWind Thanks this.
  9. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Spray before you load and before you plastic (if you can use it)

Two winters ago I went into st Ambrose Quebec with haz dirt, spray, plastic, spray that and another full piece of plastic, sprayed 10’ in the nose and put ANOTHER piece over that.... and it still froze

What’s home time like over there? Was debating about talking to them but I don’t want to do only a 34 at home every other weekend like most dump companies

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  10. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    John hasn’t started yet with page!! Here at bones home time is up to you if you own the truck company guys they want two weeks!!

11. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Lol, I haven't actually started there yet. I live near Joliet IL, there's lots of work around me. I'm a home on Friday leave on Monday kind of guy and I was assured getting home Weekends and 1-2 nights a week wouldn't be an issue. Ask me again after I've been there a little while.

blade Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.