Palmentere Bros Cartage

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by usatrucker01, Nov 5, 2011.

1. usatrucker01

usatrucker01 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    pensacola,fl
    this company is the worst, they run you thou orientation like cattle. my first trip i pick up a load of meat going to florida woke up around 9 pm and did a walk around and had a flat tire..call it in and got cus out for having a flat at 9pm ...they had me wait till the next morning to get it repaired. ok so i haul butt to florida for my 10pm appt...i'm an hour away for receiver 6am mon they r blowing up the people net with messages tell me to get my butt going...5hrs sleep so i get to receiver every 1/2 hr they send a messages asking if i'm empty and sending numbers to a broker tell my to call and tell the broker that i'm on my way...i refused to call that broker and lie. 2pm i get a door.. while i was setting waiting to get unloaded i'm reading the hand book i come acorss 2, pages of thing the company can take from your pay ( keep in mind i sign a form in oirentation that i agree to every thing in the hand book) the big one was $5000 if i was involved in an accident ..i sent a message telling them i can not agree to the $5000 ...now the broker calling my phone...they send a messg back telling not to worry about it...and call the broker that load need to be in CT, in the morning 1200 miles away....it 4pm now i'm empty but have an (OSD) IN THE HAND BOOK YOU MUST CALL IN ALL (OSD)..I CALL 5 TIME WAS PUT ON HOLD AND THEN HUNG UP ON....their still blowing up the peoplenet with message the broker ringing my phone off the hook...( what the hell did i get myself in to here) i call the broker told him i'm quitting i wont be picking up the load...i send dispatch a message i quit..i deadhead home 500 miles away....next morning i call and spoke with a big wig of the company ( i tape the phone conversion ) he told me he would get me a load back to KC, to turn in the truck. i replied thats find but i need for u to send me a statement stating i'm not responsible for the $5000 he refused...so i told him where the truck was...he told me i'd never work in trucking again...they did report to DAC( abandonment ) miss use of equipment) quit under a dispatch) i did get another job in 2 weeks and it took 6month but they settle out of court for 3000 and removed everything from DAC but the miss use of equipment...if you do go to work with this company documented everything... i would have been screwed big time if i didn't....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    It cost YOU $3000.00 to get the "Abandonment" off your DAC? Or are you saying they PAID you $3000.00 and removed "Abandonment" from your DAC?

Please clear this up for us.

p.s.- According to YOU and YOUR story.....you DID abandon the truck.....and I'd have let that "Abandonment" sit and rot on your DAC if I was Palmentere. Rightfully, and leagally.

p.p.s.- The $5000.00 is the companies "deductable".....don't wreck the truck, and you don't have to pay it.

p.p.p.s.- Why didn't you read the handbook BEFORE signing the agreement?

4. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl

Yeah what he said!:biggrin_25513:

5. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    #### dude! You're a classic example of one of truckings screw-ups!

6. usatrucker01

usatrucker01 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    pensacola,fl
    no, they paid $3000 it cost me $500 for a lawyer only because i belong to a legal plan $250 for lawyer $225 in fees paper work i guess...could of got more but got a job within 2, weeks...still not worth going thou the b.s..

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    A classic example of why you carefully READ everything before you sign. Pressured to sign? Hurry up? That's when I start walking.....

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  8. OfficeGirl

OfficeGirl Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Just got word that Joe P. bought his daughters out of the company, then fired everyone!! Went from 200 trucks down to 45. Lots of drivers got #### on!! Joe kept his main squeeze Dennise around, but fired #### near the whole office!!

I guess when you have one of the worst reputations in the country, it eventually bites you in the ###.

9. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    Haven't seen or heard anyhting yet about this from the KC media. But I'll keep tabs on it. Usually when there's a fire-sale such as this like you are claiming, the news will catch wind of this and report it.

10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Abandonment of a tractor is the holy grail of screwups that you don't want on your DAC. This is what future employers read between the lines;

"I would like a job driving your tractor, one day I'll call you to say I quit and tell you where your tractor is or maybe I won't tell you where it is, it could be anywhere in the US."

OOOOhh, wonder why they hang up and never call back.?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  11. rocknsand

rocknsand Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Tonganoxie, KS
    Just looked at their web page and even conflicting info on it. The drivers page says they have 150 trucks and 300 trailers and the operations page says they have 130 trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.