Pam and Ham Radio

Discussion in 'PAM' started by KD8FQB, Mar 20, 2010.

1. KD8FQB

KD8FQB Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Does anybody know Pam Transport's policy on Installing ham radios, antennas, and inverters into your rig?

Wasn't sure where to throw this one, this was my best guess. Mods please move accordingly.:biggrin_25512:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Never heard of a company with a policy on type's of radio's. I would say it's ok as long as you have your HAM license and your not making any permanant modifications to the trucks and not violating any company poicy guide lines as to weather you can remove anything from the truck or not. I have unbolted a cabnet and left it at home in the house so I could have my fridge to help cut down living expense's but it's one of those thing's that some companies will allow and other frown upon and never did it with the one's that said no.

4. musicmaker

musicmaker Medium Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Fort Madison, IA
    I dont know their policy but I saw a pam driver with a 80 meter antenna wire stretched around his truck-lol.... KC5ZQG

sly1 Thanks this.
  5. KD8FQB

KD8FQB Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Well then that answers that!:biggrin_2552:

From what I hear, Velcro is the way to go for mounting radios.

6. Nomad 57

Nomad 57 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Newnan, Georgia
    I wouldn't worry too much about mounting a radio, unless it's one of those big HF rigs. There will probably be so many holes from previous occupants (you will get a used truck) that all you'll have to do is match up your mount with the pre-existing holes from the last HAM to drive the thing. I figure I'll put me a cheap 2 meter rig in my truck if I can get consistantly good miles. Otherwise, I'll put up with a just a CB, and keep the squelch way up.

7. KD8FQB

KD8FQB Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks Nomad. I appreciate it :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.